Can't exercise T_T

Options
Hello everyone ,

I am pretty chubby girl , I've hit my wieght plateau for two months :'( It is really frustrating . This is not the only problem !!!! I also fell down some stairs. It was towards the end, but I fell on my left foot kind of twisted weird. That's put me off of exercising/walking for a while now !!!

AM I GOING TO GAIN WIEGH AGAIN? ? I AM SCARED AND DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW :(

Any tips ???

Replies

• Karate4lyf
    Karate4lyf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry to hear about your injury I know the feeing. First, check with your physician on what is safe for you to do.

Do you have a pool? Pool exercises are good especially for injuries.

If you don't, you can do chair exercises and use resistance bands. There are some videos on youtube withreally cool fun chair exercises that really make you sweat.

My physical therapist told me walking on crutches also burns calories.

You may be able to do floor exercises such as leg raises, leg lifts ab exercises.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YouTube has videos for chair bound people. Ck it out you might find some you can do until healed
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Karate4lyf wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry to hear about your injury I know the feeing. First, check with your physician on what is safe for you to do.

Do you have a pool? Pool exercises are good especially for injuries.

If you don't, you can do chair exercises and use resistance bands. There are some videos on youtube withreally cool fun chair exercises that really make you sweat.

My physical therapist told me walking on crutches also burns calories.

You may be able to do floor exercises such as leg raises, leg lifts ab exercises.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much ~:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ,

I am pretty chubby girl , I've hit my wieght plateau for two months :'( It is really frustrating . This is not the only problem !!!! I also fell down some stairs. It was towards the end, but I fell on my left foot kind of twisted weird. That's put me off of exercising/walking for a while now !!!

Any tips ???

See a doctor/physio to check your foot is ok.

If you're not losing weight it's because you're eating too much. Weigh everything you eat with food scales.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Seated exercise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xC9khisFPA

This is Jessica Smith - she is so motivating.
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ,

Any tips ???

A while back, before summer, I injured my metatarsus and was in a boot for 6 weeks. The only advice I have is to not allow this become an emotional or mental set back for you. I did <<hanging head>> and gained 10 pounds back. DO NOT DO IT! Injury and illness should never be our excuse. I hope you heal up soon!!
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

This bears repeating! Thank you so much for posting and I added it to my youtube collection. This is not only good during an injury, seniors can use it and so can people with back problems!!
  • Honiebabe
    Honiebabe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm really sorry you hurt yourself.

You will not gain weight as long as you continue to eat healthy and watch you calorie intake.
    Definitely check with your doctor about any restrictions and what excersises they feel you should be doing at this time.They really know what's best.

I have a ankle injury from a car accident, I am very limited to what I can do, but I still can get one heck of a burn.
    I use hand weights quite a bit for my workouts, I also like chair aerobic workouts. Water aerobics and pool workouts are awesome and feel great on the joints!
    If you want add me, I've lost 63 lbs since March. I have been doing this for awhile. I'm always willing to help someone.
  • 22MaiHicka22
    Options
    Honiebabe wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm really sorry you hurt yourself.

You will not gain weight as long as you continue to eat healthy and watch you calorie intake.
    Definitely check with your doctor about any restrictions and what excersises they feel you should be doing at this time.They really know what's best.

I have a ankle injury from a car accident, I am very limited to what I can do, but I still can get one heck of a burn.
    I use hand weights quite a bit for my workouts, I also like chair aerobic workouts. Water aerobics and pool workouts are awesome and feel great on the joints!
    If you want add me, I've lost 63 lbs since March. I have been doing this for awhile. I'm always willing to help someone.

Thank you so much , I needed that xo

My doctor advised me not to walk too much. My leg is swollen pretty weird and I aught to avoid pressing on it ><

I will definitely add you ~
  • 22MaiHicka22
    Options
    txfyreflye wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »

This bears repeating! Thank you so much for posting and I added it to my youtube collection. This is not only good during an injury, seniors can use it and so can people with back problems!!

Ikr !!!!! I've never known this was a thing till now :0
    Thank you very much