Do women really have a 6th sense, where men are concerned?

Options
Women seem to have a 'nose' for smelling 'a rat' when it comes to men,whether they are cheating, or organising a surprise party. Anybody had any 6th sense experiences, and what gave the game away?

Replies

• kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wishful thinking, but it's a fallacy. If it were true, the divorce rate wouldn't be over 50%. Unless, it's not the men who are generally the problem!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Not sure if it was a 'sixth sense' but I knew when my ex was cheating long before I came home and found his facebook was left open and read the messages back and forth between them. But it could have been that he was just a really bad liar.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    And if it were true, how come so many women end up with @$$wipes, once they get married?! :laugh:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The 6th sense doesn't kick in until you're married. LOL

It's the writing on the paper from the State...has some sort of magical powers that bestow upon the woman this gift that is so annoying LOL.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I can read most men quite easily.

My boyfriend however, not so much.

Maybe that's why he appeals to me so much. He's just a mystery. And there's almost always a surprise of some sort or another from him on varying levels and not always good.

Like one time he called me at work to tell me he had a surprise for me. So all day at work i'm all excited about whatever this surprise is. So I get home and he points and the couch. I'm like 'What there's nothing there. It's just the couch." And he says no go look. So I looked closer and found that he had sewed a hole in the couch that his dog had ripped.
    I was like "REALLY?!? My surprise is that you fixed something you should have fixed a month ago. *Angry FacE*

And that's the sort of thing I deal with on a daily basis.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    My gut feelings are scarily accurate and I scare ppl sometimes as to how accurate I am...
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    No, they don't. It's something women like to tell themselves, it's a load of bollocks.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a 6th sense. It's more that women pay attention to detail and are more likely to go over something several times. They're also more likely to discuss things with close friends. Eventually, some day when you're involved in some menial task and your mind is drifting, you have that AHA moment.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is a sixth sense. I think our subconscious minds pick up on subtle things such as body language without us realising it... eventually as more information is gathered via the subconscious we end up with what is called a gut instinct or sixth sense.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cool subject!

I don't what you call it -- but a lot of us definitely have it. I can walk in a room and pick up good or bad vibes within minutes.

Example: I hug my son good morning and good night every day. I went to hug him good night. Usual - brief hug (he was sitting down at his computer), kiss and I love you. He said nothing as he usually does - just hugs back. But i just felt something wasn't right. So I asked him, Are you OK? He had found out earlier in the day that 2 of his friends were in a car accident. He had gone to the hospital to visit them and 1 had died. He was struggling with dealing with the emotions. He would have talked to me about it eventually but in asking, I got to talk to him right away and we sorted some stuff out about his feelings. I've had similar feelings about my son that doesn't live with me - he will keep coming to mind for no reason and I'll call him and he needs me. My mother does the same about her 3 children.

Is it observation? Maybe. I do think women pick up physical signs better than men.

But there is something much more subtle and powerful going on and for my family it's always someone you have an emotional connection to.

Does it only kick in after marriage? I don't think so - I think the longer you are around someone, the better developed it becomes.

For all the women who don't think they have it - can they get it? Probably. How much of your heart and emotions are you willing to open up and expose to get the connection?

Are some women just emotionally dense? Yup! I've got a few friends like that. A guy with blood running down his shirt and a big knife in his hand could walk up and ask them for a date and they would go, "OK!" :glasses:

Have a fun day!
    Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    If so I would not have married my ex, or dated two of the three men I have dated in the last four years!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a 6th sense. I think (most, not all) women are more in-tune with their feelings and that includes intuition. We may not be able to tap into it when we want to, but we know when something is "off." Probably a gift from our ancestors to keep our families safe or something. I'm an observant person and a pretty good judge of character. I don't think that comes from me being a woman, though.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I don't think it's a 6th sense. I think (most, not all) women are more in-tune with their feelings and that includes intuition. We may not be able to tap into it when we want to, but we know when something is "off." Probably a gift from our ancestors to keep our families safe or something. I'm an observant person and a pretty good judge of character. I don't think that comes from me being a woman, though.

This is so true!!!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    6th sense here! haha.

I knew my boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me when I was 18. No warning signs at all. He got back from vaca and said, "We need to talk..." I said, "I KNEW IT!!" He started freaking out because he didn't understand how I just knew.

This is kind of a crappy "sense" to have...but I teach high school and know which girls will end up teen moms. My hubby thinks it's crazy how I'm always right :-/
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do not believe that intuition is this mysterious thing that cannot be understood logically. Intuition, to me, is incomplete understanding.

You know how "big red balloon" sounds perfectly fine, but "red big balloon" is all wrong? Native speakers intuitively know what's correct and what's not, but they can't always explain it, nor can they give you an exhaustive list of the rules of their language (they'll know something's off when they hear/read it, but before they actually hear/read it, they may not remember). That's because their understanding is incomplete. They obviously understand enough to speak and write competently, but in order to be able to explain, you need a stronger, deeper understanding of the rules.

I'm an artist and I see this all the time. Less skilled artists know there's something wrong with their work, but they don't know how to fix it, and quite often, can't even pinpoint the problem to a specific element. But the moment a skilled artist takes a look, they'll know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it -- AND they'll be able to explain it, too.

Too bad fixing a relationship isn't as easy as fixing a picture... The point about intuition being incomplete understanding stands, though.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Woman have ESPN they know what we're thinking before we do. When they want you to do something for them they'll figure out a way for you to think you came up with an idea so you'll do it. Yes I know it's esp not ESPN
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I do not believe that intuition is this mysterious thing that cannot be understood logically. Intuition, to me, is incomplete understanding.

You know how "big red balloon" sounds perfectly fine, but "red big balloon" is all wrong? Native speakers intuitively know what's correct and what's not, but they can't always explain it, nor can they give you an exhaustive list of the rules of their language (they'll know something's off when they hear/read it, but before they actually hear/read it, they may not remember). That's because their understanding is incomplete. They obviously understand enough to speak and write competently, but in order to be able to explain, you need a stronger, deeper understanding of the rules.

I'm an artist and I see this all the time. Less skilled artists know there's something wrong with their work, but they don't know how to fix it, and quite often, can't even pinpoint the problem to a specific element. But the moment a skilled artist takes a look, they'll know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it -- AND they'll be able to explain it, too.

Too bad fixing a relationship isn't as easy as fixing a picture... The point about intuition being incomplete understanding stands, though.
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    oops... don't know how to use the quote button yet... but so agree with you about fixing a relationship and a painting. :)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Women seem to have a 'nose' for smelling 'a rat' when it comes to men,whether they are cheating, or organising a surprise party. Anybody had any 6th sense experiences, and what gave the game away?

I saw this post coming a mile off...Holy crap...
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I saw this post coming a mile off...Holy crap...

LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: