Getting back on track after vacation

Options
I had two vacations in a row and my morning would usually start off good- logging etc. Then the afternoon and evening I lose it. Im struggling to stay motivated like I was before vacation.
Any tips how to get back on the band wagon without being getting frustrated and giving up?

Replies

• Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had three vacations in August, including four days in Las Vegas. I finally got up the courage to weigh myself this morning. I am up 1.5 pounds, which I am fine with. I was also away over Labor Day weekend (lots of food). My advice is to just do it. I never stopped logging, even when I was WAY over. Now that I am home, I am just doing what I have been doing since the end of January. Eating at a deficit and logging everything. I am trying to get away from the concept of being "on" or "off" a diet. It is what it is. My goal is to be doing it right most of time.

Good luck!
  • arinbolt
    arinbolt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just do it, and soon. If you let it go too long, you may not ever climb back on that horse :) We take 2 nice beach vacations every year and it is ALWAYS a struggle to get back at it, but it's worth it.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    When I've tried and failed as you have, I make it easier. Set your calorie goal to maintenance and just concentrate on logging. Strangely, I find that when I've over eaten for a day or two and I want to have a lower calorie day than normal (my glycogen levels should be near their peak again, I would think it should feel easy), it's tough. But once I get past that first day of back on track, the next few are easy and I have a chance to undo any weight gain. Meaning I eat at a 250 cal deficit on the day after, but can handle a deficit of 500-1000 in the following couple of days.
  • arinbolt
    arinbolt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I never used the community portion last time and I think that's why I failed previous attempts. I also tend to emotionally eat and boredom eat and my husband doesn't understand. So it's nice to reach out to a community of peers who can relate.