Momma of 1 needs support!

Options
I'm trying so hard to be commuted to this. But I suck at it!!

I have lost 53 lbs since having my daughter 3.5 months ago, not by me doing hard work... But because I have severe hyperthyroidism. Anyways I still need to lose 43lbs to get to my goal weight!!!

I've been adapting a healthy eating regime, but I could be doing better. I can never find time to work out between caring for my almost 4 month old, volunteering on the school board and working part time for a family with 4 kids plus mine so 5.

I always give up, my husband doesn't believe in me doing this anymore because I don't try.

I wanted to try the 21 day fix? Any luck?
I don't know what to do :(

Replies

• sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The VAST majority of weight loss is diet related and not exercise related. Exercise has immeasurable health benefits, but you can't outrun a bad diet. It's much easier to just not eat 300 calories worth of something than it is to burn it off. I'm sure to some extent you probably know this given you've already lost some weight.

As a mom to a young child myself, I know it's hard to find the time to do things like prepare healthy meals or exercise. Unfortunately, there is no magic fairy dust that makes all that possible. You just have to do it. You have to make the decision that you want to change (and I mean REALLY make that decision as it sounds like you haven't) and you have to stick to it.

Weight loss and better health are not linear journeys. You're going to have good days and bad days. The best and one of the hardest things to do is not let the bad days turn into bad weeks, or bad months, or even bad years. Motivation is fleeting and not something you can rely on 100% of the time. You really have to find it within yourself to say THIS is what you want and stick to that.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You have to want it or it won't happen. Make the time to prepare healthy foods, exercise, etc. everyone is busy but you have to make yourself a priority. Feel free to friend me if you want. I have an 18 month old son and work outside the house.