Brand new at this blog and weight loss thing

Options
Parentlink214
Parentlink214 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hello not sure what all I'm supposed to say here. So I will just say a bit about me. I'm single never married. I weigh 317 as s of yesterday. My highest weight was two years ago when I weighed 386. My goal is to get to a healthy weight whatever that means, get off all of my medication and throw away my CPAP. I would like to meet a guy and not want to run and hide because of my shame. I'm 52 now I have had two strokes and I have a hypothalamus lesion and a pituitary tumor in my brain so this is not going to be easy.
Anyhow I think that's enough crap about me for the day

My name is Karen and I live in East Wenatchee Washington

Replies

• txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello not sure what all I'm supposed to say here. So I will just say a bit about me. I'm single never married. I weigh 317 as s of yesterday. My highest weight was two years ago when I weighed 386. My goal is to get to a healthy weight whatever that means, get off all of my medication and throw away my CPAP. I would like to meet a guy and not want to run and hide because of my shame. I'm 52 now I have had two strokes and I have a hypothalamus lesion and a pituitary tumor in my brain so this is not going to be easy.
    Anyhow I think that's enough crap about me for the day

To begin with, its GREAT that you're committing to doing this! Congrats!

My top weight was 380. That was about 4 years ago. I am now 240 and in my 60s. So I know that as we get older, weight loss is far more difficult. But--- IT AINT IMPOSSIBLE :)

Now, none of what you're saying about your medical conditions is "crap". Its all serious. And you're right, losing weight will help. Its a one day at a time proposition though. Every day find some kind of success. Even if its to say: "today I ate less than yesterday" or "today I walked from point A to point B".

Maybe this will give you some hope:

When I was 380, I was diagnosed insulin dependent. I was so depressed that I gave up and wasn't trying to count carbs even. I was on 100-150 units of insulin per day, also on Byetta and taking the max amount of metformin my doctor felt was safe. Add to that: HBP meds; HCT; 2 heart regulators for Afib; blood thinner; etc. I think I was up to something like 12 prescription meds PER DAY. That didn't count supplements. And it didn't count the cpap.

Four years, a few struggles and some successes later, down to 240 (actually 237 today). But more importantly:
    -NO INSULIN
    -NO BYETTA
    -1 metformin (half dose) for maintenance
    -NO cpap
    -half the dose for HBP

Heart regulators are changed and so has the blood thinner.

YOU can do it! How you get there needs to be what works for you but you CAN do it, too!!

• 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi !

The wieght loss journey is a really different experience ! It might be hard for you , but you are going to do it !!!! I am here for supporting :D