Fitbit steps and exercise

Options
Over the past two days, whenever I record an exercise in MFP, it automatically negates all of the calories that I burned with the steps I took during the course of the day. For example, I took 12K steps yesterday and burned 400 calories. I then entered 45 minutes of circuit training, and instead of adding these calories to the ones I burned taking the steps, it only counted the time I spent circuit training. All of a sudden the number of steps I took during the day we're gone. I have an iPhone 6s Plus with the latest iOS update, if that helps in determining the solution.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I know it will overwrite the calories, but deleting the steps over that time frame is new (it's been a long time since I logged exercise on MFP...only on Fitbit now). Have you synced your Fitbit since you added the exercise?
  • RNinPitts
    RNinPitts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. I'll be following post to see if there is a fix. I wasn't able to correct problem 90 days later....
  • louiseabbott1525
    Options
    I am having trouble with connect as it will not down load the steps I have taken .Do I need to do so many days before it logs them? And how do it et it to reconise my bike riding it will not register the distance any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
  • lisa_urso
    lisa_urso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Malibu927, I synced my Fitbit several times after I logged the exercise in.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me and I have asked questions about it, but never got answers. To get mine working and actually counting steps, I deleted the MFP app and Fitbit App and started over. I just don't add exercise calories anymore. I will make a mental note of it and enter in the note section.

• Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see if anyone has figured it out.