The AirFry King

Options
I think I'm going to start calling myself the air fry King......lol. This thing is absolutely truly amazing. One of my biggest problems was feeling like I had to stop eating the foods that I love because of the guilt that the fitness Community puts on you with the food labeling of healthy food versus non healthy food. If I had the money I would buy one for everyone in my family. It's a shame that more people don't know about this thing.....t1c7bn1fyshz.jpg
3icmkh576uwx.jpg

Replies

• zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, I have been using a Phillips Airfryer for a couple of years. no need to miss out on certain foods just learn to cook them differently :-)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I've been thinking of buying an airfryer.... that looks delicious!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    HI, I am going to look for one. What brand do you recommend? Thanks so much!
  • tcay584
    tcay584 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sooooo getting one! Those pics look stunning! What brand do you have?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ^^ Silly me had never heard of an air fryer before you started posting on here - and now I'm so intrigued! I'd also be interested in hearing what brand you recommend :)
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    What's the clean-up like with this?
  • jenschnitt
    jenschnitt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG......I had no idea about this. I need to look into this. Thanks
  • taylorrd
    taylorrd Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before.

Super easy.... spray the bottom with pan non-stick cooking spray before you cook and you'll be able to wipe it clean in a zip
  • taylorrd
    Options
    jenschnitt wrote: »
    OMG......I had no idea about this. I need to look into this. Thanks

It's a game-changer seriously
  • taylorrd
    Options
  • taylorrd
    Options
    I actually have two of them...... there's many YouTube reviews also that you can look at. And you can't beat the price point. Now if you want it a super high end one then you can go that route as well but this works perfect.
    @Hope228 @tcay584 @kathrynjean_
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I won a T-Fal Actifry at my last Christmas party. I love making sweet potato wedgies in it.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Are you putting prepacked already cooked foods in there, or is this something you are cooking fresh? What I mean is that like a fries you make from a potato yourself, or is that like Mccain fries from a bag, and tyson wings that you are just reheating in this?
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Another "dumb" and "useless" gadget.
    You can get the EXACT same results by using your oven. You are not frying anything at all. You are still baking.

it is actually different. While you are correct that it is just an oven, it's a very small and concentrated convection oven which is why it is able to get food very crisp in smaller amount of time. While crisp fresh fries in the oven can take an hour to really get crisp, I can get that same level in my air fryer in 25 minutes.
  • shinycrazy
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    taylorrd wrote: »
    vdogn387cqzo.png

I have this one and love it!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    Are you putting prepacked already cooked foods in there, or is this something you are cooking fresh? What I mean is that like a fries you make from a potato yourself, or is that like Mccain fries from a bag, and tyson wings that you are just reheating in this?

A friend of mine who loves to cook has made fried chicken from fresh raw chicken in the T-fal Actifry one. She loves it and recommends it to death. :) It doesn't have to be pre-packaged or pre-cooked. I don't know anything about the other brands, though.