Does anyone have to weigh themselves 5 times before they bel

Options
keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
I got on and off the scales 5 times this morning as couldn't believe the number in front of me.

Been doing MFP for 9 weeks now and it's the ONLY thing that has worked since I started putting weight on in the last couple of years. I love it!

I am now only quarter of a lb away from my first goal- I almost don't want to believe it until I see that number again next week (or lower!).

I even had a couple of "cheat" days last week & haven't exercised for a couple of days either??

Anyway onwards & downwards :)

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have that moment every once in a while.

Had one this morning actually. I had a really crappy week, ate crap more than once and just didn't get very much exercise and had a 2 lb loss.

I even put my 50 pound weight on the scale to make sure it was right.
    I was like :noway:
    But I have a theory that my body probably actually needed a break from the butt kicking it usually gets 5-6 days a week.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I have to check mine a few times because the bloody digital scales i have give about 3 different readings! very annoying! :)

Good work by the way, this website is definitely the way to go, i've been using it over a year on and off and never had so many compliments
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    time of day can totally ruin your dreams too.........
    sometimes its a bad number, and i try again the next day and its 5 lbs different........
    i have always favored the mirror to the scale for measurements of your achievements, or pictures, because scales and mirrors can lie............but a picture is the cold hard truth
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I certainly did, this is my first week using mfp and every other diet i have tried with the exception of slimfast has resulted in a weight loss of 0lbs!

Had to call my hubby to check the number on the scales in the end i was so amazed!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    yep, I do this ;)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The best way to weight yourself is to do it every week in the morning and you will be surprised by the results, because you get obsessed with weighting yourself every minute and it will ruin your mood, just keep doing you right calorie intake, lots of water and your workout routine and once a week when you weight yourself you will be amazed with the results.... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Oh I only weigh once a week- sometimes once a fortnight or I would become obsessed I know what I'm like!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me too. I also make sure I weigh around the same time. Every week on Wednesday at 10am when I wake up and I do it naked so there are no added lbs due to clothes .
    It keeps thing simple this way.
    I have only been on MFP for about a month maybe less and have been using the tools on here for about 2 weeks and already I am amazed.
    I am starting to be on here more than FB.
    When I need a little motivation I look at the success stories thread and look at all the people that have posted before and after pics and think to myself WOW I want to be in that thread one day with my before and after pic and I want people complimenting me on my hard work and success and that keeps me pushing onward!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I usually weight myself every morning, but on the mornings I know I'm going to record my weight into my tracker I push the scale around to 4 or 5 different spots on the floor then take the average of the readings. It's probably the engineer nerd in me that makes me want to have a higher statistical set (even though even 5 isn't very statistical).
  • harliesmom
    harliesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weighed in yesterday and got on and of the scale a couple times. I even moved the scale to make sure it was still right!

Lost 1 lb since last week- and had a really off weekend- with 4th of july festivities!
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weighed in yesterday and got on and of the scale a couple times. I even moved the scale to make sure it was still right!

Lost 1 lb since last week- and had a really off weekend- with 4th of july festivities!

haha....I do this ALL the time! I move it on to 3 different tiles on the bathroom floor JUST to make sure the # I'm seeing is accurate! This morning however....wish I could have found a magical tile that would have given me a better # - first time in 7 weeks that the scale went in the wrong direction:sad:
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Only on the good days...:laugh:
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I do! When I see a loss (prior to this time round, they were way more rare than they are now) I have to check it incase it's wrong. I'll get off then back on. Then if it's a really good loss, I'm so disbelieving I'll move the scales to another part of the bathroom and weigh there. And if it's that good, I'll go to the gym and come back and check again. I've had a few good losses recently so the scales've been moving, both in terms of my weight and in terms of me physically moving them! :happy:
  • jaretspencer
    jaretspencer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do it three times just to make sure i just cant believe the scale would tell me that i think its lying to me
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I just get on it once.

The only time I got on more than once was because the weight was like 8 pds heavier than the previous day and that seemed just plain wrong. So I got on again and it was like 10 pounds lighter. Then I changed the battery and things were back to normal!
  • M1ssBehave
    M1ssBehave Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh. Then move the scale around. weigh again. move it to another room. weigh again. Guess I'm just crazy. :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! My husband thinks im crazy because if I have a big loss (like over 3 lbs last week), i'll weigh myself a few times, weigh a dumbbell a few times then weigh myself again. I also move the scale around.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time..lol. Especially when I have one of those mornings when the scale tells me I've lost a couple of pounds. I get off, get back on and check again. It's always the same!! Thankfully...
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Hell no!!! I never step on the scale again lol I'm afraid the number will get bigger if I step on it again lmao!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!