motivation needed!

I get home and then feel too lazy to workout or so much as go down for a walk. Weekends i want to crash and watch movies and eat. How do i muster up courage to start my workout?

Replies

• John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    I get up at 5 am Mon, Wed & Thurs and do a 35 minute HIIT routine. I round it out with a full body weight work out on the weekend and then grab some bike time, maybe some yoga or a hike here and there. But I find that even just the HIIT routines are keeping me in just as good of shape as when I was working out at a lower intensity for 60 minutes Mon thru Fri. It sucks getting up but once you get in the groove - well, it still sucks, but then it is DONE! and it's only requires one shower a day, as opposed to pre work and post gym, so that's a time saver.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    It's really a matter of deciding what you want most. Do you want to continue wanting to get fit, or do you want to actually get fit? I was content with wanting to do it for years before I finally started doing it.
    When you are ready, you have to just do it. There is no magic push, just you pushing you. Once you do it a few times, you'll want to keep doing it. It is addictive, and feels good. I get so antsy and restless if I go a couple days without the gym. I walk 10,000 steps minimum daily now, and run 5k every other day. You'll get hooked on the activity, and the results. Ultimately, you won't want to be lazy and watch movies - you'll want to get out and be active :)