Fighting middle-aged spread

Options
:grumble:
This is a tough battle! I'm looking for support & encouragement from fellow middle-agers who would like some back. Thanks! Maura5

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    At 54, I definitely qualify for middle age. As a female, I am constantly fighting the" battle of the bulge" in my lower abdominal area. The Saturday mini challenge gives us an exercise to fight this a bit. I am hoping to become more aware of limiting sodium to get rid of the water buildup. I also have found that walking 4 or more miles a day (even in intervals) helps. Friend me and I promise to provide encouragement, support, and a sympathetic shoulder when needed.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal. At 58, it can be done. I just walk about 20-25 minutes a few times a week, watch my calories and sodium. I try to eat healthy.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is me:smile:
  • iriedeb
    iriedeb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hear you! It's hard to lose the weight, and more and more I am seeing the need for toning :)
    I struggle with emotional eating too - escecially after I quit smoking, so I am trying to find ways to deal with that too.
    I'd like a few friends on here for support and accountability!
    deb
  • zakam
    zakam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in the same boat also. I'll be 50 in a few months and since I hit my mid forties, it's been a real struggle to lose even a pound. I have been running at the gym for the past few months and even with that, I still have the spare tire around the middle. Now I am trying to eat as clean as I can and up my activity even more. Doesn't seem fair that as we get older, we have to work harder for very little results....
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Maura. Yeah, I got in my 40's and had weight loss surgery. I was way overweight, though. I knew I'd be battling that bulge well into my 80's!

Hang in there, it can be done. Join the 40's board if you haven't already.
  • JensueFerrell
    JensueFerrell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and yes, it is hard to stop the mid aged spread. However, I am fighting right back with Beachbody programs & Shakeology. I am determined to win!!