Ripped In 30 starting July 10

Options
Anyone want in? I just finished 30DS with pretty good results (-6 lbs, -15 inches), so I'm hoping RI30 is even better.

Replies

• emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    wow awesome success! I'm still on L2 of 30DS...but hoping to start another JM vid when I'm done with this one! What's Ripped in 30? Does it pretty much focus on the same muscles/exercises?
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It's her new DVD..same format as 30DS (the 3-2-1 method), but 4 levels instead of 3 so you don't burn out, I suppose. I haven't watched it yet, but I'd assume it targets many of the same muscles as Shred, just with different moves.
  • heronruthie
    Options
    I am a big fan of 30DS and started Ripped in 30 yesterday. It's great :) It's just like 30DS in terms of 3 minute strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs but different moves and seems better as not so much repetition! On that note - I'm off to do level 1 :)
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I recently finished 30DS as well....have you watched Ripped in 30 to see if it looks to be as hard on your knees? Just curious. I'd love to start it but I was getting some knee pain towards the end of 30 DS but sucked it up due to amazing results.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I recently finished 30DS as well....have you watched Ripped in 30 to see if it looks to be as hard on your knees? Just curious. I'd love to start it but I was getting some knee pain towards the end of 30 DS but sucked it up due to amazing results.
    I haven't, but I'm sure if you look it up on youtube, you'll find clips to help you decide if your knees will be okay or not.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I started RI 30 today as well, so surprised I burned as many calories as I did. I have been working out hard core for a few years and thought this was going to be a breeze, but it worked muscles I haven't worked in awhile. It was a nice change. Pretty excited to see what happens in 30 days. I am also in a ZUMBA class 2-3 a week.! Hoping for good results!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Good for you! I'm pretty happy with the 15 inches I lost doing 30DS, so hopefully this'll repeat that or go even further. Although I will say that my mental calendar was off by a day. I thought Monday was the 10th (oops!):blushing: . I'll be starting tomorrow. :smile:
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was going to buy 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I will pick up Ripped in 30 instead and start it with you!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I was going to buy 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I will pick up Ripped in 30 instead and start it with you!
    Awesome!
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    Day 2! I'm sore. Didnt think that would happen. But it is a good sore! How was everyone elses day?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I really liked it. My legs were actually shaking post-workout today. That NEVER happens to me anymore. Some of the moves are hard, but I already like it better than Shred.
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    I'll join in! I'm starting RI30 this afternoon. I just finished 30 Day Shred this morning (-5 lbs and I'll be taking final measurements at the end of this week). I'm looking forward to starting RI30 since there are 4 workouts instead of just 3. I liked 30DS, but admit that it got a bit boring for me toward the end. What a good workout, though.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    STILL SO SORE TODAY!!! Could hardly walk!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I've been a little bit sore since I started on Monday. I'm sure the fact that I've run everyday since Monday hasn't helped much, either, but whatever :tongue:
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    feeling better today! Really liking the ripped in 30 workout!
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I decided to make today my rest day. Of course, I decided that after I ran a mile. Lol..I'm just gunna go ahead and declare Wednesdays my RI30 rest days. Sunday will be my rest day for running.
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps - can I join this group?? I just started a 30 day hybrid of ripped in 30 3x/week and 6 week 6 pack 3x/week. Like you Friday, I had awesome results with 30DS back in March so I tried Ripped in 30... and it was too hard for me!!!

I started it again this week - level one definitely still hurts. Eh, no pain no gain I guess. How much weight is everyone using for these? I'm using 8lbs... and ow.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Hi peeps - can I join this group?? I just started a 30 day hybrid of ripped in 30 3x/week and 6 week 6 pack 3x/week. Like you Friday, I had awesome results with 30DS back in March so I tried Ripped in 30... and it was too hard for me!!!

I started it again this week - level one definitely still hurts. Eh, no pain no gain I guess. How much weight is everyone using for these? I'm using 8lbs... and ow.
    Of course you can join! Welcome! :flowerforyou: I'm using 5 lb weights and that's getting sorta easy. I need to buy some 8 lb. weights, but I'm waiting to see if my sister finds hers so I can steal them. Haha
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yay, thank you! All I can say about the 8 pounders is be careful LOL!!! You know the side lunge and arm raises in Level 1? Those freaking kill. I just have to power through it.

So is everyone on Level 1 at this point?