Postpartum pals

Options
Hi, I am looking for other women who have recently had a baby and have some weight to lose. I have a 7 week old and I have about 25 lbs to lose. I would love to find other women in the same situation so we can motivate each other and perhaps share tips and keep each other on track.

Replies

• jennybabysweetheart
    Options
    Hi , Im Jenny.....my little guy is 10 weeks old and I am looking to shed this baby weight!!
    I also have about 25lb to lose and would love to have a buddy thats in the same spot as me!!
    Are you breast feeding?
  • kristinarose370
    kristinarose370 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I am breastfeeding . I breastfed my first child too and it really helped me lose the weight . That was 5 years ago. Now I don't know if it's really helping this time .
  • jennybabysweetheart
    Options
    Its definitley not helping me.....but my doctor told me it would help with the weight stafting around 4 months?? Not sure if I believe him.
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    Last pregnancy I lost 50 lbs by 4 months ... I don't see that happening this time for me. I don't know what is different this time or why the breastfeeding isn't helping. I didn't even have to watch what I was eating the last time.
    Did the doctor give you an explanation as to why it would start helping by 4 months?
  • obsessednpossesed
    Options
    My daughter is 15 months old and I am still the same weight from right after she was born. I haven't lost any of my baby weight and I'm struggling. You can add me if you want. I've never struggled before with my weight or depression but I am now. :(
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    I sent you a request. I know I'm only 7 weeks postpartum but I can already tell that this time around losing the weight will be a challenge .
  • vibe21
    vibe21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am almost exactly the same as u! I would like to loose 20 pounds and i have an 8 week old and a toddler as well.
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. If u r interested please add me! I have a 9.5 week old boy and struggling with weight. I am exclusively breastfeeding. This is our third and last times I had no issue loosing at least a bit of weight. Now nothing. Would love any suggestions
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....looking for support buddies. I had my stinky butt 16 weeks ago. I have about 25 lbs to go to get my pre pregnancy weight. But, that'll just put me at 250. So, after I hit my first goal I'll have about 75 more pound to lose. huh......
  • ecmont032
    Options
    Hey obsessed....This is the first time I battled baby blues and post partum depression...I can relate to you. This is my 3rd baby and everything was difficult....the pregnancy, the delivery, the recovery!!!

• kristinarose370
    Options
    I requested a few as friends ... Hopefully we can help each other :)
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 6 weeks PP with a 3 year old. I too lost weight super easy with my first (30 lbs but it took a year to lose the last 10) and am hoping to kick my butt early enough to lose it faster this time around. I gained about 45 lbs and have lost 23 from swelling going down. I have about 22 lbs left to lose and am trying to do it before I go back to work in 2 months.
    Running helped me last time, but I didn't start until he was 5 months old. This time I'm using herbalife and the Lindsey Brin DVD'S as well as walking. After 1 week I dropped 5 lbs and am finally feeling encouraged! I am breastfeeding as well.
    Feel free to add me!
  • ecmont032
    Options
    rose1617 wrote: »
    Hi all. 6 weeks PP with a 3 year old. I too lost weight super easy with my first (30 lbs but it took a year to lose the last 10) and am hoping to kick my butt early enough to lose it faster this time around. I gained about 45 lbs and have lost 23 from swelling going down. I have about 22 lbs left to lose and am trying to do it before I go back to work in 2 months.
    Running helped me last time, but I didn't start until he was 5 months old. This time I'm using herbalife and the Lindsey Brin DVD'S as well as walking. After 1 week I dropped 5 lbs and am finally feeling encouraged! I am breastfeeding as well.
    Feel free to add me!

I signed up for daily burn today. The first 30 days are free. And they seem to have a huge variety of workouts so I'm going to try one tonight and then try one in the morning. But the morning workout probably won't happen. I try to get all the sleep I can get before my day gets started. Lol
  • CMayBos
    CMayBos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas :)

I'm 6 months PP with a 2 year old also, looking to lose about 35 more pounds! Feel free to add!
  • jmyers0308
    jmyers0308 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am6 weeks PP and need to lose this extra weight from baby! I lost the weight faster with our first, this time it's slow to come off despite counting calories (& breastfeeding :/ ) and exercising!!! Feel free to add me as well! I need the motivation!
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    Same here!! I wonder why it came off faster the first time around. It's frustrating me.
  • ecmont032
    Options
    I managed to workout for 30 mins this morning after I dropped the two older kids off at school but I also got to work late!!!! I gotta get a solid exercise routine. When I lost 70 lbs a couple years ago my youngest was 2/3 and I would take him to the gym's daycare but I'm not comfortable taking the baby. You would think working out at home would be easy to do because I'm in the comfort of my own home but it's proven to be a challenge for me.
  • ecmont032
    Options
    Same here!! I wonder why it came off faster the first time around. It's frustrating me.

It gets harder everytime.......wait until baby #3!!!! LOL
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    So I guess it's common to be more difficult with each child... Lol I thought I was doing something wrong.
  • ecmont032
    Options
    So I guess it's common to be more difficult with each child... Lol I thought I was doing something wrong.

I guess because with each pregnancy were older...and "they" say the older you get the harder it is to come off. Also, each pregnancy was harder for me. I think my body is telling me to STOP having kids. LOL.