Lifting?

Options
Focused on putting on muscle, had decent success, hate the fat gain, so follow the push, pull, legs/abs 2 work, 1 rest day routine with the rest day being low/medium intensity cardio to keep fat gains low.

Could always do better, so wonder what others in the same boat are following for gains.

So, what's your routine? Cardio - HIIT or low intensity?

DO you bulk/cut, carb cycle or stay steady with your calorie intake?

Share if you will.

Thx

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kind of a hard question to get "better gains" on given that you haven't posted what your stats/lifts are, nor do you really know where others are at. If you hate fat gain eat at or very slightly above maintenance - it could slow your potential increases slightly but it may be less work later.

That being said, what are your stats
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is always something you can do to improve but the thing that will always work is consistancy. Keep your diet clean, protein high, and workouts consistant. You will gain muscle
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I hate cutting so I have done recomps and very slow bulks, and I don't change my routine much except I have gone through a recent period of stubbornly pushing for 1 rep PRs that ended with me stuck. I'm back on Wendler's 5/3/1, which has given me plenty of progress. I'm also on a slow cut, which sucks.
  • sventheviking
    sventheviking Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fat gain is inevitable but can be limited with a smaller surplus. Dont do what I did and gain 30lbs in 3 months lol you can also rotate surplus and deficits

6 weeks of SLOW surplus .5 lbs gained a week

Followed by 2 weeks of small deficit .5-1lb

You shouldnt lose any strength with a small deficit for 2 weeks this should of course be repeated for a long period of time
  • Rururiri
    Rururiri Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My newbie gains are over. As a natural female bodybuilder, I go through bulk to build mass and cut to show what improvements I've made. I also recommend to do a slow bulk. I hate gaining bodyfat too and messes me psychologically. However, I suck it up and do a slow bulk. If you hate the idea of bulk because it has to be done for months, you can do body recomp. They are super slooooow to see signs of gains though.