Reversering Negativity Thoughts

missysmission777
missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
Good Morning All,

I hope this reading will find you well. I have always been a POSITIVE person and a very big quote nerd. I started writing & collecting poems, quotes in high school and they have always been a part of me. I wanted to share some things that get me on my way even when I am not having the BEST day.

Did you know it takes 7-10 POSITIVE sayings to delete ONE NEGATIVE thought? It's true, we have been told all our lives Our first NO was as an infant. The first word was probably NO you can't do that, NO you may not ,NO NO NO, then aswe are growing up we've always been told NO more than YES. We face the "no facture" everywhere in our lives. So let's do this... You can reverse it. instead of saying something that goes toward a negative thought reverse it. People will think you are being FAKE or will look at you like you have two heads, because we have trained ourselves by what others have said to us even the earliest stages of our lives. We only do what is around our surroundings and what was taught to us even the frist stages of our lives, there is MORE NEGATIVITY then there is POSITIVENESS.

We beat ourselves up wondering, why am I always thinking negative, not realizing that this is also a negative thought. Here are some ideas how to escape negative thinking for good and start living life more sanely.

Practical thinking – it involves predicting the future based on our past learning and taking necessary action to fulfill certain goals. There are times when we have to be cautious and on the alert to safe guard our life, like when crossing the road or while driving. It’s also important to have some means of generating income to lead a certain lifestyle. All of this falls under practical “daily living” thinking.

"So What’s Negative Thinking"
Any form of obsessive thinking which serves no practical value, other than to make us suffer, will constitute negative thinking. Some examples of negative thinking patterns see below.

1.Worrying about being fired from your job without any concrete reason to support such a thought.
2.Frantically consumed by the thought of not looking perfect, what others think or say, always down on everything you say or do and mostly YOUR ACTIONS...
3.Thinking about all the things that could go wrong with WHATEVER you are trying to accomplish with JOB, HOBBIES, EXCERCISE, STARTING SOMETHING NEW etc..
4.Worrying about what will happen to you after retirement, 10 years before you retire. These are FUTURE thoughts that could drag us down.
You know when you are thinking negative because you feel it in your body. There will be a sense of restlessness, unease and sometimes a nauseating constriction felt through out your body when you are thinking obsessive negative thoughts....

"How to Escape Negative Thinking" I USE POSITIVE DAILY SCRIPTURES everyday, I get on my computer & read and read the ones I have collected EVERY MORNING.....
When majority of your waking hours are spent in negative thinking, you are living an insane life. So the pertinent question would be how can I live more sanely. A mild amount of stress is needed to survive, but that’s not a problem at all. What is problematic is an obsession with negative thinking patterns. ALWAYS watch HOW you say things.. That's the key...

Here's a simple technique to cut through the mire of "self-loathing" and fear through self enquiry or introspection. Every time you have a negative thought, ask yourself the below questions and write down the answer to each.

1. Are you100% percent confident of the truth in this thought? Or Am I deeply certain that this is a true thought.

2.What is this thought making me feel and go through (write down all the physical sensations you feel in your body)

3.Now reverse the thought and find out five reasons why it’s true ( for example, if you original thought was “I am terrified that I will lose my job”, just reverse it in any way – “I am not terrified that I will lose my job”

How to become insync with your actions, feelings, etc...
1.Become conscious of your breathing. Don’t try to control it, just place your attention on it. Remain this way for a minute. When you place your attention on your breath, you are no longer occupied in the mind and you become aware of the present moment.

2.Look around you and become acutely aware of the objects in your surrounding. Don’t try to label the objects but just look and take in the presence of each object in your vicinity.

3.Listen deeply to the sounds around you. Try to detect the most subtle sound that’s audible.

4.Feel the sensation of your touch. Hold something and feel it deeply.

5.If you are eating something, feel the taste and the smell of each morsel or bite.

6.While you are walking, become aware of each step that you take and your body movements

I am not a PRO at this but it's something that helps me.. We all have stress and we all think negative but if we could cut out most of the negativity in our lives, we would be much happier people.

Blessings to all that reads this and may you always BELIEVE in Yourself & Others.

~Love & Believe~
Missy

Replies

• frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Thanks for sharing Missy. You have a great outlook on life!
    Renée
  • robincnrr
    robincnrr Posts: 14
    Thank you I am going to try some of these techniques this week:happy:
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    I love this!! For the last several months I've been focusing deeply on positivity and it's changed my life. I can sleep at night. I have a huge abundance of energy. I an actually lose weight when I eat correctly!! Before, no matter how hard I tried to diet - I would only gain because I was carrying around so much pain and hurt and some very deep grief. But that was then. When I get sad and start missing my son - I let myself be sad with out feeling the guilt and trying to blame myself for things I couldn't possibly have done. And when it's time to move forward again, I move forward without beating myself up over it.
    When it's time to be joyful - I am extremely joyful with out worrying about what others might thing or worrying I look insane, ha ha!
    When I want to dance - I dance. I've accepted things for as they are... and people, too... who they are, where they are and as they are. The people who bring me down with their hate, bitterness and negativity? They're no longer part of my worries.
    And with accepting others as who they are, where they are and as they are - I've learned to do the same for myself.

I love the techniques you've given! I'm definitely going to start using them when negativity starts to come over me - like it did yesterday when I was starting to fear that I couldn't actually lose weight. I can!!! We all can!! There's NO reason why we won't reach our goals. Wow - this got long winded, sorry!! I'm just so passionate about Positivity and how much it's changed my life :o)
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    thanks everyone... we all have to reverse our thoughts. I have alot of NEGATIVE people in my life well I USE to, what I mean by that I love them for who they are but they can not change or control MY THOUGHTS and how I feel.

Christina269 Thanks for sharing, I love it.... You can do anything you put your mind too.... I don't get it right all the time. It's all about what you can do with what you are given... May you have a blessed day and glad to know you.... :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.