Howdy :)

Options
My name is Samirah (sah-MEER-ah) I'm 42 and was introduced to this site by my daughter. I've been using the actual site for about a month now (yay!!), but have just started lurking in the forums :)

I have Graves Disease and have been dealing with it for about 8 years now. It's under control now (whew) and I've been riding pretty smoothly thyroid-wise for a while now. At its worse, I got up to about 200 lbs! I'm 5'8ish and my goal is 141.

For a while I was a steady 180 lbs (Size 12), but I started to walk and stopped drinking soda and eating fast food and I got to around 160 (size 8). Now I'm doing the couch to 5k program as well as working out at the gym with my boyfriend in between days and am finally below 159. For some reason, that was my threshold, my body just didn't want to let me get below 160 until about last week!

Anyway, I'm a computer support technician, so I spend a lot of time on my butt (don't we all?) but I find that the more I run (and keep up with my vitamins... multi, tyrosine and b complex) my energy (and enthusiasm) level has been really great! My daughter is a great inspiration, too. She's 23 and currently in Orlando, but she's planning on moving up here (Philly) now that she graduated college (YAY!!!).

Anyway, I realized how rude it was not to say hi, so I decided to do so :) So... hi! Oh yeah, my screen name is pronounce mofo (as in moe- foe) hahaha just thought I'd play with the spelling :D ...I tend to have a sense of humor that's a bit off kilter

Replies