any other parents here that also work/attend college?

Options
perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
edited September 2016 in Getting Started
Back on the wagon after a two month fall and a gain of 15 lbs. I had lost 25 earlier this year and just got carried away this summer. I am hoping to get back on track now that summer activities are over. You wouldn't think it would be stressful doing fun summer stuff with the kids but it was very easy to eat what they ate and eat out a lot more when on the go. Anyway, I have three school-aged kids still at home (the oldest two are grown), and I am going back to school two nights a week and weekends and I also work from home. Anyone else out there a parent that is doing a lot each day? Would love to add more friends that are in a similar situation as me. I need to succeed this time but my life is so much busier than it was just six months ago.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Busy = good. When you are super busy, you don't have time to think about eating. This may work in your favor.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    me!! I have 3 kids, I go to school three days a week and I work every weekend. I try to get to the gym in the mornings before everyone else gets up
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Thanks mom23mangos! That's very true.

Hi mrsfitzyv8 - great to meet someone else who has all that going on!
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have 4 kids ages 5 to 10 and I'm always looking for mom friends to share ideas and motivation.
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have two boys. One in 6th grade and the other entering college. I am finally going back to school to finish what I started. I am taking 10 credits and I work full time as well. I agree that busy is good, less time to eat LOL. Getting my mind and my body in check.
  • rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have now applied to finish an open university degree, starting a level 3 teaching assistant qualification in January and have 2 year old daughter, Next week she goes to nursery for 2 1/2 days. Going to be so strange without her but means the flat may get cleaned, i can study properly and look to volunteer or p/t work
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Full time job, Half time school, and play in a band on weekends, with an 8 year old. I thrive on being over tasked. Ha
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a 6yr old and 1 yr old who will be two month (yay! right? lol) I love meeting other moms since most of my real life friends don't have kids. I hope to get a gym membership tomorrow too!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to simply 'enjoy life' and then find that you have gained some of your weight back - I'm in the exact same position! I think the key is to remember that we must listen to our bodies. Eat when hungry, stop when full. Sounds simple but I think 'mindful eating' is hugely important. Also, don't regret those extra pounds you have gained. For me, my extra 12 pounds came from a summer of spontaneous days out, pub lunches, pina colada's and meals with my family. I regret nothing :)

Best of luck.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Full-time job, two kids (6 and 7), and my husband is working full-time and getting his principal's certificate so I am often solo. It's busy busy busy!!!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have an 11 year old and I work full time. It's a lot to do but somehow I make it work. I use my lunch break at work to workout.
  • Xchubby
    Xchubby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    iam single mom of 3 Kids and work fulltime. ist hard. iam often too tired to work out and i have too many co-workers that bring cake to work..lol