What are your favorite ways to (accurately) burn 200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• MikeKellyBKK
    MikeKellyBKK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look up some High Intensity Training (HIIT) videos on Youtube. Often these can be done in under 30 minutes and completely wear you out. The calorie burn is also quite impressive.
  • MikeKellyBKK
    MikeKellyBKK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight training is also good since the burn continues even after your workout. More lean muscle always helps. Look into plans like P90X as well.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Look up some High Intensity Training (HIIT) videos on Youtube. Often these can be done in under 30 minutes and completely wear you out. The calorie burn is also quite impressive.

This is exactly what he should NOT do, because
    500 cal deficit was making me hangry

And high intensity cardio will make you "rungry" on top of it. Because you're using up your limited glycogen stores instead of burning (almost unlimited) fat. Your body needs to replenish them afterwards, and the mechanism it's evolved to make you do that is intense hunger, mainly for carbs.

Besides, HIIT is massively over-hyped and the calorie burn is similar to just regular moderate intensity cardio. Take a 30 minute HIIT session the way most people actually do one, take out the warm up and cool down and all the rest intervals, and you're left with about 10 minutes of exercise.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA FITNESS !
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Weight training is also good since the burn continues even after your workout. More lean muscle always helps. Look into plans like P90X as well.
    I already do stronglifts, so P90x would be too much as I need recovery time. Thanks you, though. I have done P90x in the past and it was fun.

This is exactly what he should NOT do, because
    500 cal deficit was making me hangry

And high intensity cardio will make you "rungry" on top of it. Because you're using up your limited glycogen stores instead of burning (almost unlimited) fat. Your body needs to replenish them afterwards, and the mechanism it's evolved to make you do that is intense hunger, mainly for carbs.

Besides, HIIT is massively over-hyped and the calorie burn is similar to just regular moderate intensity cardio. Take a 30 minute HIIT session the way most people actually do one, take out the warm up and cool down and all the rest intervals, and you're left with about 10 minutes of exercise.

Agreed. HIIT would be too much.

Rungry on top of hangry. Haha, yeah... I'm bitchy enough as it is!
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I burn about 105-110 cals on my Concept 2 rower rowing 2k meters at a rate of about 650-700 cals/hr or about 100-110 watts in just under 10 mins. So, if I wanted to burn 200-220 cals, I'd just row 4k meters in 2 2k meter intervals.
    Oh, I'd LOVE a rower.

arditarose wrote: »
    Man I can't remember the last time I tried to burn 200 calories....I guess if I had to choose something it'd be an outdoor activity. Beach volleyball or something.

That sounds nice! It would be around 40min commute to get to the fake Montreal beach.
    God... I haven't been to a beach since I was 19!
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Drop 200 cals from my diet and do nothing ^.^
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »

Been there, done that. Hangry *kitten* bombarding through. Also, a 500 cal deficit makes me blah during lifts.
  • Sweetandsour23
    Sweetandsour23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love to swim so that is usually my go-to thing, but recently I started lifting weights too =)
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »

Been there, done that. Hangry *kitten* bombarding through. Also, a 500 cal deficit makes me blah during lifts.

yeah, the 'right' macro mix helps a bunch with that, but there's limits.
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do cardio kickboxing 30 mins with a trainer called Joanah soh !
    Check it on YouTube ^^
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love inline skating. It is a serious workout, but I don't notice the sweating because the forward movement creates a nice breeze across my skin. Here is a link to a calorie chart done by the U of Massachusetts:
    lenihan.org/sk8_calories.htm
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about specific exercises, but I can tell you that from my Charge HR to the calorie burns listed on the machines: there's about 25% difference with my Charge calculating a much lower calorie burn due to the HR monitor...so I always go with my Charge HR.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Are you also considering fitness goals outside of weight loss?

You can easily burn off about 200 cal on a rowing machine in 20 minutes or so and get a good full body / cardio workout (most gyms will have a rowing machine, a good one is not cheap, you'd definitely want to try it out before considering buying one)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At 200 lb I can stand upright for 4 hours to burn 200 calories. At 195 I have to stand upright for 4 hours and 5 minutes.