100lbs to go and feel like itll never happen

Options
Over 20 years of being bigger than the average bear (im now 38)
I attend up to 3 classes a week doing HIIT training.
Have knee injury from previously playing rugby and having op. Since having my daughter and joining fitness classes keep getting little injuries which are no doubt from weight over the years catching up with me.
Have a very close relationship with food where I could eat all day long quite happily but clearly its not good.
All I seen so far on here is photos of people at ideal weights or near enough. My biggest issue is looking in mirror, even having anxiety attacks when went to HIIT class at new place and it had mirrors.
So in a cathartic f*** this here is where im starting here is photos of were I am at present.

Any positive constructive support greatly appreciated.

q8esrb6zufdb.jpg
4bicj4cc1auv.jpg
u5u5d3rf7enf.jpg
jcgt7me57xlx.jpg

Replies

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I put on my stuff on there to show you that if I can you can. It gets frustrating looking at the big picture but break it down in ten's makes it so much easier.
  • rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for your replies. All the individual reasons for doing it show we all determined and want to do this. Shows me doesnt matter that Im the age I am still plenty time to achieve lots of things.
    Ive just come back from doing an ABS HIIT session. I gave it my all and feeling the aches from it now but if I can be as determined with eating plan hopefully changes will be seen.
    xxxx
  • djaustin53
    djaustin53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi.. just a little boost for you... Don't think of it as "100#". Set you goal this month at 4 pounds.. we'll it's the middle of Sept, so let's say 2 pounds.. when you start Oct, set your goal at 6 pounds. See if that helps.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @rugbyishy Girl you are such an inspiration! I hate looking at photos of myself but I need to document where I am because it's not where I'm staying and I want to be able to look back and to use them to encourage others! Just like you, @louann_jude, Bravo girl!!! and you, @lorrpb, wow! I saw and I listened and you have an amazing story!
    @MudstainSally You go on, you are killing it! And I love your name!!!
    @mamadon You couldn't have said it better! My sentiments exactly!
    @prittublueyes.. I know that happy feeling! So glad you are on this journey with me and we are making good choices now!!!
    @djaustin53 I use 20 pound increments to give me a shorter term goal, and you are right it does help not to feel that it's such an impossible task!
    @webyj Congrats! I couldn't do this without my food scale! Maybe that isn't vital to everyone but I need to know exactly what I'm taking in so that I know how much I have to put out to keep the scale moving in the right direction. And by being very accurate with calories in I can plan to have treats occasionally so that it doesn't become boring and feel like I can NEVER have things I really enjoy! (I tend toward the dramatic in my stinking thinking times! haha)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    rugbyishy wrote: »
    Thankyou all for your replies. All the individual reasons for doing it show we all determined and want to do this. Shows me doesnt matter that Im the age I am still plenty time to achieve lots of things.
    Ive just come back from doing an ABS HIIT session. I gave it my all and feeling the aches from it now but if I can be as determined with eating plan hopefully changes will be seen.
    xxxx

Give yourself A LOT of credit for getting your exercise in! If you were to focus on a manageable eating plan, and getting a stronger body (and NOT the scale), you would probably be really surprised at how the weight falls off. It will slow down as you lose, but by the time that happens, you'll be so much stronger and have so much more stamina, that you'll be able to do things you never did before!

Be your own best friend. Be kind to yourself. You're gorgeous. You want to give your body the best you can. It all starts with the first step, and you've already taken that! Congratulations-you're on your way!! :smile:
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chin up - you can do this!!! It isn't always going to be easy, or pretty, or fun......but if you are determined, you can succeed at anything!

I'm currently at 289 (down from my highest point earlier this year of 315). I'd love to help motivate you and vice versa, so if you'd like to add me, please feel free to. Good luck in your journey!
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you...I started out with 137 pounds to lose. I started my journey on 07/19 and have lost 12 pounds. It. Seems. So. Slow. The good news though is that I feel extremely satisfied with my current eating plan. I eat things I like and I can go to restaurants and eat tasty things, a few weeks ago I went to a restaurant and ate fried chicken tenders and mashed potatoes and pecan pie (I halved the meal and ate the rest the next day) and even with that I continued to lose weight.
  • webyj
    webyj Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hope you all are having a good day. I find the weekends so challenging food wise. I meal prep for work lunches and dinners for the week. So I don't have to think about what am I gonna eat and i eliminate temptations by not carrying cash (the dreaded office vending machine and impromptu fast food lunch runs).
    But the weekends are so hard, especially with a fridge and cupboards full of food...I will NOT eat the cold pizza calling my name :s lol
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @webyj I make sure I have a bag of big beautiful apples for the weekend, especially because they are crunchy, sweet or tart and very filling, easy to prepare quickly and a great temptation extinguisher for me! I also keep mini pretzels on hand and use them and maybe even a cheese stick snack when I want something savory instead of sweet. It's funny, I can't stop eating chips once the bag is open but pretzels just don't call to me like chips, yet they make a satisfying salty snack. I'm almost four months into my healthier eating style so I don't get those wild cravings I once did now, but then when there is something I want, I usually find a way to just work it in the calorie goal for the day so that it doesn't start to make me feel deprived and more likely to fall of the wagon! But that is good on you to take time to prepare for the next week! It really does help to be pre-prepared!