Wii Jillian Michaels or My fitness coach??

Options
Does anyone have the Jillian Michaels workout for Wii, THe My fitness coach game, or the My weight loss coach???? If so what are your thoughts about them??????

Replies

• solomonsmom
    solomonsmom Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the Jillian Michaels workout for Wii, THe My fitness coach game, or the My weight loss coach???? If so what are your thoughts about them??????
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I would be curious to hear too! I will say, I have heard TERRIBLE things about the Jillian Michaels game. If you go read reviews on Amazon, doesn't sound like it is worth wasting your money on! On the other hand, have heard great things about My Fitness Coach. Awhile back, I saw it on sale for $19.99 and I am SO wishing I had bought it then!

I would also be interested in hearing any reviews about the Active Life: Outdoor Challenge Wii game, that includes the mat. It looks like alot of fun.... for the whole family. I have Wii fit and have unlocked all the different games and have gotten a bit bored with it now. I wish they would come out with another sort of exercise game to work with the balance board!
  • kdzmom
    kdzmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One of the sales associates at the game store actually DISCOURAGED me from buying Jillian Michaels. I don't know about the others you mentioned, but he did say that everyone they have had in the store says Wii Fit is the best game they have for fitness out right now. Hope this helps!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I also was curious about Jillian Michaels or My Fitness Coach and like Steff said the reviews were terrible.

I do have My Fitness Coach and WOW it is a GREAT workout! She had me doing things I"ve never done before!

If you are debating between the 2 I strongly suggest My Fitness Coach!

Hope I helped!
    Jenn
  • neztet
    neztet Posts: 21
    Options
    I have the Wii Fitness Coach and have been using it for a few weeks now. It is really nice and doable. I like it because you are able to customize your workouts and use stability balls, steps, weights, etc to help out. There are some moves that are almost impossible for me but I try them anyhow and I am able to tell the game that those moves are hard for me. On the game you are able to track your progress and such. I am using that exclusively with this site to help myself get into shape. (Three weddings later this year, :ohwell: )
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach. The Jillian Michaels game had terrible reviews. {thumbs down}

My Fitness Coach blows Wii Fit out of the water. It isn't even in the same league! I would use Wii Fit for fun and MFC for serious exercise. The good thing about MFC is that it does not require the balance board, and focuses on fitness overall. You also don't have to shell out extra dough to get the balance board.
  • Krsheal
    Krsheal Posts: 12
    Options
    I only have Wii fit but really wanted JM--but after hearing the comments maybe I should go with my fitness coach...

127358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • abillings9
    Options
    Yeah, after looking at reviews for both, I bought My Fitness Coach over Jillian.... and I love it! Fitness Coach is really cool, starts you out very easy and increases the difficulty by asking you how you're doing. I really like it and do it opposite days of my 30 Day Shred.
  • smendek910
    Options
    Unfortunately, my fiance bought me Jillian Michaels for X-mas and at first I was so excited to get it, but once I started doing it - the image on the screen does not follow your moves at all. Your image keeps working out even when you're standing still.
    I must say, I'm very disappointed with it and will probably purchase My Fitness Coach.
  • smendek910
    Options
    Unfortunately, my fiance bought me Jillian Michaels for X-mas and at first I was so excited to get it, but once I started doing it - the image on the screen does not follow your moves at all. Your image keeps working out even when you're standing still.
    I must say, I'm very disappointed with it and will probably purchase My Fitness Coach.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

After I read all of the horrible reviews online, I am so surprised they didn't pull it and even more surprised Jillian allowed her name to continue to be on it.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I got Wii Outdoor fitness challenge for Xmas...its A LOT of fun- definitely work too...all kinds of different stuff- havent opened them all up yet though...I'd recommend it.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels for the Wii.
    It has terrible graphics and yeah, it doesn't follow you. But it does keep my heart rate up and i do it every now and then.
    It's not FUN, but it works.

I've heard MFC is much better and I should look into that.
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    I just purchased My Fitness Coach and what I have done so far I love. It's a great workout and gets your heart rate going. I also debted between Jullian Michaels and My Fitness coach and from what I have read, I made the right choice.

118724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    We bought the Active Life: outdoor for Christmas and it is pretty good !!!
  • kayleesmom
    Options
    I have Wii fit and it is fun for family to do together and it makes one aware of their COB...therfore you have to do the exercies with proper form. I also have the Jillian michaels game and it is ok. Like someone else said it will get up the HR but the screen image does not follow you very well.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got My Fitness Coach this week and it has been great so far. :glasses: I enjoy Wii Fit and Outdoor Challenge (and Rock Band) for active family fun. Even preschoolers can do Outdoor Challenge pretty well and I may have a five year old yoga diva on my hands. My Fitness Coach is much more individualized and challenging without the frequent breaks of Wii Fit. Like I know doing yoga every day is good for my posture and I don't need to be reminded after every pose. :laugh: