Granola bars

Options
So i always feel quilty eating granola bars. They are just oats and honey 19 carbs 8 sugars. If I have one a day will this slow down my weight loss. I usually feel dizzy without carbs so usually feel better after a 2 o'clock granola. Anyone know of any healthy granola bars?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're in a calorie deficit, regardless of what you eat, you'll lose weight. If your satisfied with it and are okay with the carb/sugar content (don't have a medical reason to watch them), keep eating them. You can search for granola bar recipes that may be lower in sugar.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your blood sugar may be dipping, causing the dizziness. If so, eating anything will help. You could try some chunked cheese and sandwich meat or a half sandwich, maybe a protein bar, or some nuts if you're looking for something different. If you're happy with your granola bars, they should be fine within your calorie goals.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have one almost every night, if it is in my calories...and I make sure it is. Its my little reward for a great day of healthy and moderate eating.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I eat granola bars daily. As long as it fits in your calorie window, no its fine to fuel up on granola bars! I simply like those Nature Valley Oats and Honey Crunchy or Cinnamon Crunchy.

If you want to make them on your own you can look up baked and no bake, granola bars, energy bars.. I love to bake and for the life of me I cannot get homemade granola to come out like I like it,, not the same crunch and texture as I like them.

• Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Granola bars are high in calories. You can try switching to protein bars. Protein is more satisfying to your appetite than carbs. Some choices are, Quest, Think Thin, Life's Choice, Pure Protein, Simply Protein, Atkins, and Zone Perfect. Look for bars with more than 15 g of protein, and less than 25 g of carbs.

You can also try drinking 8 or more (8 oz.) cups of water per day. Water will help to fill you up, and you won't be as hungry.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Special K cereal bars? They are quite good and pretty low calorie.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Granola bars are high in calories. You can try switching to protein bars. Protein is more satisfying to your appetite than carbs. Some choices are, Quest, Think Thin, Life's Choice, Pure Protein, Simply Protein, Atkins, and Zone Perfect. Look for bars with more than 15 g of protein, and less than 25 g of carbs.

You can also try drinking 8 or more (8 oz.) cups of water per day. Water will help to fill you up, and you won't be as hungry.

Granola bars are generally about the same number of calories per bar (approximately 200 depending on variety) as a protein bar, so I wouldn't discount them on those grounds if a person enjoys them.

I agree that protein is more satiating for some people, but that's not a blanket statement and there's no need to limit carbs unless you find yourself overeating them or hungry or you have a medical condition requiring it.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Punch that guilt in the face. Enjoy your granola bars if they fit your calories/macros.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kashi bars at least have protein