Absolutly no energy not sure what to do.

Options
So I'm 23 and female, I'm 5'8 and have a relatively small frame. Since February I've managed to lose about 15ish pounds. Currently I'm about 132 pounds. I'm pretty much done losing weight but I would like to lose a few more pounds becuase I've still got some fat around my midsection. I guess I'm kinda skinny fat at the moment. Anyways, I've been averaging between 1400 and 1500 calories a week and losing very very slowly with that. Not sure if I have a really slow metabolism or what but since I started its been a very slow process to get where I am now.

Ive never really struggled to much with my energy levels and could often go for runs or walks or do some kind of excersize. But lately, for the past couple weeks I have NO energy. I find it difficult for me to even get through work. I work at a coffee shop and am on my feet walking around all day with no sitting for 6 to 8 hours and it was never a problem until recently. Now it leaves me absolutly exsaughted. My diet hasn't changed, and I'm getting at least, if not more then 7 hours of sleep every night. I'm not sure what's going on. I also haven't lost any weight for a whole month now and I weigh and log all my calories so I know I haven't been eating more then usual. Do I need to change something? Or possibly see a doctor? Maybe eat more or add more carbs to my diet? I just don't wanna gain my weight back and its scary to me that I haven't lost any weight and I'm only eating around 1500 calories a day. Anybody go through this and have any advice? I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You need more carbs.
  • mrs_sjlarsen
    mrs_sjlarsen Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I suffered from extreme fatigue.... (i'm talking so tired that all i could think about all day long was going back to sleep)... make sure you have the doctor rule out anything major with blood work. I put off seeing him but glad I did.... I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's which was causing my very bad fatigue.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    You need more carbs.

subtle troll I hope, but yet I doubt.

OP do you exercise?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    jdb3388 wrote: »
    You need more carbs.

Perhaps but she needs to eat more if she is that drained.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    tmarple93 wrote: »
    Anyways, I've been averaging between 1400 and 1500 calories a week and losing very very slowly with that. Not sure if I have a really slow metabolism or what but since I started its been a very slow process to get where I am now.

Am I reading this right? I do hope this is a typo.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eating more, lifting weights, and going to your doctor to get tested for anemia, etc.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Time for a diet break.. You have been at this since Feb and it might be time to go to maintenance for a short while. It will do your mind and body both good. You are having some sort of side effect so rule out dieting first. If you still have issues after a period of time then you need to get to a doctor. A simple blood work panel will tell you a whole lot.

You can go back to the deficit once you get to feeling better.. Restart fresh.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Iron,b12 and thyroid check from your doc!
  • tmarple93
    tmarple93 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do try to work out but mostly cardio type things. I'm not sure where to start with lifting weights. It's something I'd want to do just now really sure how to start or I don't really know anything about it. Lately though I haven't been very active besides my job just becuase I'm so tired I can't get myself to do any kind of excercise. If I do go into maintenence for a diet break. How much should I up my calories?
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am thinking you did a typo saying 1400 to 1500 calories a week?
  • nhecker
    nhecker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough water? I recently gave up pop and have been drinking the recommended amount of water for my weight and feel a million times better. No headaches and plenty of energy without the caffeine.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Anyways, I've been averaging between 1400 and 1500 calories a week and losing very very slowly with that.

Wut?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh about the fatigue get your b12 and iron levels checked. Also thyroid. You can also just be burnt out

Was going to suggest this as well, especially if you're experiencing other symptoms such as hair loss, mood changes, etc. Thyroid could be the culprit.
    Short of that, maybe try a diet break for a few weeks and allow your body a break.
    Although, if you're on your feet running around 6-8 hours a day, and then doing cardio exercises as well, and only eating 1400-1500 calories total(?) each day (as in gross, and not net?) that sounds like a pretty low amount for being that active. May need to eat more to get the energy level back up.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I agree with testing for Vitamin D, iron/ferritin, B vitamins, as well as thyroid (TSH, Free T3, Free t4).

However, I also wanted to address sleep. You're getting 7 hours, but what's the quality of sleep? If you're not getting enough deep sleep or getting too much, it can really affect your energy. There are apps to help you determine that. Just a thought!
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    She obviously meant 1400-1500 on average per day. Check your vitamins at a Dr's, any deficiency could cause fatigue, low energy. Try adding a little bit more of calories and see if that helps any with the energy. If you feel a difference then you'll know you were under eating.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Also, if pregnancy is even a remote possibility... I basically slept the entire first trimester both times I was pregnant.
  • tmarple93
    tmarple93 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes it was a typo lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    S Or possibly see a doctor?

This.