Looking for a protein shake

Options
Hey I recently started to have a bad reaction to soy based protein shakes. Can any one recommend some whey based ones?

Replies

• Ernieeatswell
    Ernieeatswell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie, I have been using Ideal Lean - Whey Protein lately and have zero complaints. It's geared towards women with only 80 calories/20g protein/0 fat/sugar/carbs. I've tried the vanilla, cake batter and strawberry cream, all of which are very good and they blend really easily. :)

https://idealfit.com/protein/
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would first figure out what your intakes are (I'm talking macros) and whether you really need protein shakes.

I generally get all my nutrition from foods but when I find myself running low I'll top up with Purepharma PR3 shake... It's pricey and doesn't taste great - but it's got everything you need. Also it's rice based.

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use EAS chocolate whey powder, EAS advantedge vanilla powder, and premier protein vanilla and chocolate RTDs. They all taste great.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use Iron Vegan both chocolate and vanilla. No I am not vegan but have to limit my soy and I find this isn't as harsh on my stomach as using whey all the time.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Whey + by Legion
    Whey Protein Isolate by Bluebonnet
    Whey Protein by Bulk Supplements

Also, liquid egg whites (pasteurized) are totally underrated as an easy source of protein you can mix in with shakes with no taste and plenty of protein.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I would first figure out what your intakes are (I'm talking macros) and whether you really need protein shakes.

I generally get all my nutrition from foods but when I find myself running low I'll top up with Purepharma PR3 shake... It's pricey and doesn't taste great - but it's got everything you need. Also it's rice based.

Why are you buying something pricy that you dont even like the taste of?There are plenty of high quality great tasting protein powders available.

Op I like:

Optimum nutrition
    Quest
    and my new favourite, muscletech isolate peanut butter chocolate twist.

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I mainly use EAS Whey + Casein [short + long term protein delivery] vanilla flavor. It's light on the sweetener, so it blends well with water enhancers and juices.
  • the3dwizard
    the3dwizard Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you want plant based check out the Vega line, no dairy or soy in them. I mix the berry flavor with blueberries as part of my breakfast.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey 100% Isolate from Costco is the only protein shake I can stomach. I've tried so many other brands and flavors and hated them all. It's cheaper than most but I have only found the isolate at Costco.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like Quest and Bodylogix. Both are very affordable, great tasting, minimal ingredients and can be found on Amazon.
  • xxNatalie34xx
    xxNatalie34xx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one for the suggestions!!
  • AjRogers2
    AjRogers2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you want plant based check out the Vega line, no dairy or soy in them. I mix the berry flavor with blueberries as part of my breakfast.

I also love the Vega line. Hopefully the quality will stay now that the company has been sold to white wave.
  • the3dwizard
    the3dwizard Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    AjRogers2 wrote: »

I also love the Vega line. Hopefully the quality will stay now that the company has been sold to white wave.

Didn't know they were sold, I may want to stock up. Thanks for the info.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd tried various powders after Sam's club stopped carrying EAS stuff (which I liked). I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the brands that were carried in the local stores (a lot had content that I didn't want such as lower P or a lot of added sugar).

Scivation is the only thing I use now, and I get it from smartpowders.com. If you get the "smart powders brand" it's actually cheaper, but it IS scivation stuff. ($74 for 10lbs)

Good amount of protein per scoop, with not a lot of added sugar. I mix it in water, and it takes pretty close to chocolate milk.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    PE Science