Couch to 5k in a month

Options
So, today I completed my first 5k walk. Considering I started here barely more than a month ago, and now can and typically will walk between 3 and 5 miles at a time, I am feeling pretty proud.

I completed the 5k walking in just under 55 minutes.

No long story to post, just wanted to share my little victory!

Sarah

Replies

• ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is something to be proud of!:bigsmile:
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are on your way. I HATED running when I was heavier, in fact, I had never run more than 1 mile and that was because I was required to in high school. As I got closer to my goal weight, I decided to challenge myself and ran my fist 1/2 marathon last year. Now training for a full this year. It's awesome to get those victories and to keep challenging yourself. KEEP GOING!!!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! I'm training for my very first 5K in September now using the C25K program. Never thought in a million years that I would actually enjoy running but I look forward to it every day.
  • dinitrilestari
    Options
    im a bit confuse with the c25k training program? there's 3 session and wich one should i follow? since i have a plan to start tomorrow. thank you :)
  • dhayeskc
    dhayeskc Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job Sarah! We're all really proud of you.:smile:
  • niki30
    niki30 Posts: 40
    Options
    way to go!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jacknellis
    jacknellis Posts: 16
    Options
    Well done you :) I did a 10k jog/ walk last saturday, hard work but for charity so well worth it..... challenging myself to run it next year, Keep goin ! x
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    I don't know if I will ever get to marathon status lol. But, yes, most these walks are for a good cause which helps to motivate. This one was for colon cancer.

I want to do one next month for pediatric cancer patients. It is a 5k or a 10k, and I want to push myself to do the 10k.

I plan to do two the same day in September. The first for diabetes (which both my parents had, and I have), and the second for autism (which my son has).

A month ago, I would never have fathomed doing anything like this. So, I feel like I have made a lot of progress in a brief time frame. I don't plan to stop, but I also don't plan anything crazy or extreme like a marathon lol...yet anyway.

One day at a time.

Sarah
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!
  • navywife33
    navywife33 Posts: 31
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I'm probably going to start the Couch to 5K in a few months... I don't have a set schedule right now so finding time to actually plan something like that is difficult and I don't want to let myself down. Since it's so hot here we only have our 5ks in the winter... Dec-March, some in April but very few. I'm hoping when I start I'll be down some lb's making it easier for me to start.

BUT YOU DID AWESOME!!! VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!