Q for the guys

Options
cabul3
cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
this is off-topic, sorry!

just wondering what kind of outfits you most prefer to see girls wear.

do you prefer them dressed to the nines, or is it true that we look just as good in jeans and a tshirt?

do you prefer fresh-faced, or makeup pretty?

i am too shy to ask my boyfriend, haha, so i'm throwing the question out to the general male population!!

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I was curious..... some guys like to see the skinny black dress that is low cut on the 'top'...
  • maxamilliond
    Options
    Definatly just jeans and a t-shirt. and the make up question, i personally am not a fan. but thats a different answer for every guy you ask
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Options
    Not a fan of makeup and Love Love Love a girl dressed in a tank top or comfy shirt and Jeans
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Every guy is different in his tastes. For me, I prefer fresh-faced with little to no make-up. With regard to clothing, clothes that fit the person and the situation are great, be it t-shirt and jeans or a lovely dress.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had this idea in my head that guys liked girls with long hair (which I still think is true), which I have, so I always wore mine down even though it is a pain to style. Then, after several months together, my boyfriend finally saw me with my hair in a messy bun, nothing special, and he made a big deal out of how great it looked. So I think variety is a big part of looking good and keeping things interesting. Also as a vain and cynical chick, I will say that I definitely think that when guys say they like girls with no makeup, they often mean that they like girls in makeup that they cant tell is there (you know what I am talking about). Even if they dont know it. A more even skintone and longer lashes usually cant hurt.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Hot is Hot... Jeans and T can look hot, Little black dress can look hot, Biker Chick can look hot, Skirt and Blouse can look hot.

Dam.. I've broken out in a sweat.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    lol Im a photographer so I say dress to impress :happy:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy, the mood, what is going on, and what works for that girl....
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol just ask your boyfriend... ALL guys are VERY different when it comes to preferences.

I've dated guys who LOVE my hair black
    and I've dated jerks who broke up with me for dying my blonde hair black!

Some guys LOVE when I cake on the make up and look like a playboy bunny
    but most guys like subtle makeup, so you look naturally pretty

If you really wanna wow him. I would just pick out something super hot to wear and work ittt <3 (has to be something you would never wear... really throw him a curve ball--- GUYS LOVE IT)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    For me it all depends on the situation. Dress for the occasion. If its a nice meal out, makeup, dress, the lot. If its casual, keep it casual.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    my experience is men like it when a woman is wearing NOTHING AT ALL
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    my experience is men like it when a woman is wearing NOTHING AT ALL

HAHAH!! :laugh: This!

My boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful when I'm dressed up and when I'm in my PJ's. Seems to like it when my hair is down compared to in a ponytail I suppose, but that's just what I'm guessing based on him complimenting my long hair a lot. Your guy likes whatever YOU do--he's yours! :smooched:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on the situation. Ever since my bf and I started dating, he would tell me how much he loved when I didn't wear makeup so I stopped doing really crazy makeup looks...then one day I realized how much I missed it & how I used to do it FOR ME and one day, I had a lot of makeup on and he LOVED it.

Guys are all different, though. ASK YOUR BOYFRIEND. If he's the one you're trying to impress, you need to know HIM.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I look like a cadaver with no makeup on. A little eyeliner and lipcolor goes a long way.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think for a lot of guys, when they say "fresh faced" they mean "natural, subtle" makeup, just b/c most of the women they see day to day are wearing makeup.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Every guy is different

I prefer the more natural look my flat mate however wouldn't look at a girl twice unless she had fake tan, hair extension, a ton of make up.

Personall, I think the thing that most guys like is when women are just themselves - do what makes you happy, what makes you feel the most comfortable, feel the most pretty, the most sexy.

Wether thats a slutty little dress with a load of make up or a more natural look with a classy little outfit on. The important thing is if you be yourself you will give off an air of confidence which is what men really want (even if most of us don't realise it)

Nik
  • grimnir
    grimnir Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a hard and fast rule, but more skin is usually better whenever it's warm enough for it. Think skirts, dresses, form-fitting clothes, spaghetti straps, *kitten*-hugging jeans, heels of some sort, hair probably long and down or well-coiffed, no more makeup than you feel like you need (some girls don't need any at all to look great, some look way better with some eye liner and lipstick, others have really noticeably uneven skin and would do well to go whole hog).

Mind you, if you've got a really strong sense of personal style, just your confidence from feeling like you're really well-dressed will do more to make him hot for you than any of these tips. Regarding bigger girls, if you're more than 30 lbs or so overweight and you're not feeling comfortable and sexy in properly skimpy clothes, don't wear them (skirts, dresses, and showing off the girls are still a win tho, even if you have to wear something to hide your arms to feel good about it). If you're feeling hot on the inside, you'll be hot no matter how big you are, and can get away with wearing as little as you want, you'll still have an appreciative boyfriend.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I am older, but not dead yet. I think if the person has a reasonably nice face that's all that matters facially. However, looking at the whole picture I like to see a strong, toned, confident person with nice legs who knows how to dress to accent them. A nice skirt, pair of shorts, running apparel, nice colorful shoes, cute little socks, all make the total picture more pleasing. I HATE the ultra skinny smoker or skinny because I drink whiskey look. But as others have said, it depends on the occasion.

I DO like nice high heels on women too. That's when the makeup looks good too. If you are out mountain biking with a girl makeup doesn't look as good.

Anyway, that's my .02 worth.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback!
    i definitely have an appreciative bf. he never says anything negative me and is great at reminding me that i'm awesome, cute, etc. he is wonderful and has loved me from the 170s to the 140s and anywhere in between!!
    maybe i will ask him straight up what he prefers, tho :o)
    myself? yoga pants, tanks, and minimal makeup if i have anything to say about it!
  • camaris
    camaris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Different types of clothes are nice for different occasions. I think the important thing is that a woman feels good in what she is wearing, because the attitude with which she wears it makes a difference to how it looks. Strange but true.