5 pounds in 2 days

Options
moochyesh
moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
Ive only been dieting and exercising for 3 days now and when i got on the scale i saw i had lost 5 pounds already! it really makes me want to keep going. this has to be the first time in 3 years that i have actually lost weight.
I feel like now that its working i will keep going to my zumba classes and exercising here at home =]

-Christa

Replies

• slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    that's excellent! Just don't get discouraged when that rate of loss doesn't continue!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're going to drop faster in the beginning than as time goes on but any loss is a good loss! Keep it up :)
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Remember - you usually lose MORE in the first week than you will on the regular basis. But keep it up!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yes congratulations... but make sure you are aware of the fact that the first 5 to 10 pounds usually comes of really fast as it is mostly water weight, and your weight loss rate will slow down.

Just don't let that deter you....
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Seeing that initial loss is exactly what got me motivated to continue. I could see that it was possible!!! Great job and keep up the fabulous work.
  • paperboyfabe
    paperboyfabe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs in my first 5 days.. then it slowed down to like 2 or 3 lbs per week.. The most important lesson I learn was to check the body fat percentage! Becuz most of the weight I lost was water in the beginning.. Now my body fat percentage goes down weekly!
  • taralou20
    taralou20 Posts: 30
    Options
    Exactly the same has happened to me! Its incredible isnt it? Just makes you want to keep on going!
  • moochyesh
    moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have lost 50 pounds before, so im very aware of water weight and losing more in the beginning. however it was still very excited that for the first time in 3 years i actually lost weight =] today i gained about 2 back but 3 has stayed off and im still 100 percent happy with that!!! Im going to keep working at it, thanks =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!