Those last few lbs and keeping them off. Period.

Options
Hi there, I'm not too far away from my goal and I just don't want to be back to square one in another two years time. Does anyone have any good suggestions for keeping focused and not slipping too much. Getting caught up in a cycle of loss and gain is unhealthy and frustrating!

Replies

• Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a long way from maintaining but my plan is weighing myself a lot (at least once a week) and not owning many elastic waist pants/skirts. Elastic waists and not weighing are how I ended up as big as I did without realizing I was gaining so much.
  • jorogo
    jorogo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're right about elastic or Lycra, Jessie! When I was living in leggings I soon gained a stone because they just grow with you. Thanks for writing
    Jo
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's a cycle that is all too common and very 'normal'. As you lose your desired weight, you will automatically discover the beauty of balanced eating - you'll get a feel for your body's needs and requirements in regards to fuelling it. Having said that, it will never be 'perfect' - we are all human beings. I lost over 30lbs and then I did that very normal human thing - I started to enjoy my life and relax my rigid 'calorie counting'. Frankly, it isn't realistic to live so regimented forever. Yes, I gained weight - but thankfully, no more than around 7 pounds because those years of 'dieting' had taught me how to notice when I was 'full up' and how to make better choices which were equally fulfilling. It's not something that can happen overnight. I've personally been through the 'Lose weight, Gain weight' cycle many, many times. But it's okay. These things take time :)