Post baby stomach exercises?

Areaw
Areaw Posts: 11 Member
edited September 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, can any one recommend post baby stomach exercises for toning. (I have the green light from doctor)
After 2 c sections my tummy muscles are non existent!
I read that crunches and planks can make things worse but I have no clue what else I can try?

Thank you! Xxx

Replies

• chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Check out a strength training program called strong curves and get a decent gym membership. I'm suggesting this because weighted barbell squats and deadlifts can actually strengthen the whole core. This is a very good free program for newbies in the gym and is lower body focused so you can gain some nice muscular legs as well.

Another good exercise is body weight only versions of back extensions and leg raises. These are the only core exercises I do, but I personally add weight to my back extensions. The trick is to build a very solid core from all sides.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    ^^^ This.

Also get checked out for diastasis recti.

wellnessmama.com/60398/diastasis-recti/
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    A whole body, compound movement program will go a long way. If you want to work the core a bit more, I'd recommend hollow holds.

Allan Misner
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    Host of the 40+ Fitness Podcast
  • MamaMenorca
    MamaMenorca Posts: 22 Member
    How long PP are you? Side planks, pelvic tips, heal drops, heal slides, keels, abdominal bracing and yoga are all great for strengthening your pelvic floor and abs after birth, including c-section.