Weight not really dropping

Options
I am doing weekly weigh ins, and this is my third week, and week 2 on MFP. Weight currently 230 lbs, and last week, half a pound more. On 1400 calories!! WTH?? Yes, I'm 51, but still, if i were going at the rate of 2 lbs a month, I'll be dead before I'll reach my goal weight. :o I am walking about 4x weekly, moderate pace x 30 minutes, and at least half of that is uphill. I have to admit that my muscle mass has suffered quite a bit since I stopped my personal trainer last summer.

Nonetheless, after all the counting, weighing, calorie and nutrient checking on MFP, the rumbly feeling in my stomach, the exercise, and commitment to the process, half a pound (I could have made a difference of that magnitude with a trip to the ladies' room alone) is quite disheartening.

I have increased my calories to 1700 now. Reason being, I get a lot of dizziness since I have been doing the MFP thing. My BMR is somewhere around 1700, and other calculators give me a daily caloric goal of ~ 2600 calories to maintain weight. So, perhaps I was indeed underfeeding myself?

Please, please, weigh in! I am in need of some encouragement. Thanks!!!

Replies

• pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'll refer you to the famous flowchart.

w0riswcf8okw.jpg
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    It may still be soon to tell. Your initial calorie allotment was not very high for your activity. Make sure you are weighing your food and using correct entries. Drink plenty of water. Have patience.
  • PublicBiker
    PublicBiker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Working on the patience. All others - check!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Third week, but only on 2nd week on MFP, so this is not enough time to start getting deeply concerned.

Be consistent now with this 1700 calories each day and week. It appears that you were having issues with not eating enough. Upping the calories was a very wise choice..

Stick this out from another 2 - 3 weeks and try to relax. The flow chart is a great guide to follow.