POLAR FT4

Hi there ,
I Have a polar FT4 and I was wondering am I the only one that It keeps loosing my heartbeat or is a general problem???

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Do you have a lot of body fat?
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    :'(
  • hlektra28
    yeap
  • hlektra28
    so I m doomed I guess it s worthless for me??
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Have you had it very long, if so it could be batteries needs replacing.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    I have an ft4, and mine just started doing the same. After a battery change, it was working properly.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have a Polar FT4 and although it used to work fine after some time I started having the same problem. Turned out I needed to replace the chest strap. But check if it is the battery first!
  • hlektra28

I have change the battery recently I was even thinking of buying a gel base liquid or something because I don't really sweat in front where the strap is :(
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Hmm. If you recently replaced the battery, you may need a new chest strap. If that and/or the gel doesn't help, try contacting Polar. They may be able to help more.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    sounds like u need a new strap..did u change the battery in the strap and FT4??
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    hlektra28 wrote: »
    I have change the battery recently I was even thinking of buying a gel base liquid or something because I don't really sweat in front where the strap is :(

If you don't sweat maybe you should try a gel base liquid before going for the chest strap replacement. It is very possible that the issue lies there.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I had issues, but doing the following helped me:

1.) always always wetting the band before use
    2.) making sure both batteries (watch and band) are new
    3.) always keeping my band tight and tucked in under my bra strap

try the above, hopefully that helps!
  • hlektra28
    i have change the battery strap and watch i ll the gel thank you all
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    hlektra28 wrote: »
    i have change the battery strap and watch i ll the gel thank you all
    You can use Aloe Vera instead of the dedicated gel. It's much cheaper and works equally as well. That's what I do personally.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    wet the strap before putting it on, make sure the strap is not tight, but you want it to stay with the sensor over your heart so make sure it's secure, change the batteries often. I have a lot of body fat and that's not the problem.