Monster Energy Drink ZERO?????

Options
The drink has no sugar which is normal but NO CALORIES???? Is that even possible????? It tastes similar to the other flavours they have that have the 200 or so calories......... Comments?

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Normal Monster Energy has 27 grams of sugar. The Zero stuff uses aspartame instead.

I'd stay far, far away from them either way :P
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    How does something with zero calories give you ENERGY?
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    All those energy drinks are crap. It doesn't have calories or sugar but it's loaded with chemicals.

If you need energy, take a B complex vitamin every day and exercise

I mean, geez, look at the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: CARBONATED WATER, CITRIC ACID, ERYTHRITOL, NATURAL FLAVORS, TAURINE, SODIUM CITRATE, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, COLOR ADDED, L-CARNITINE - L-TARTRATE, CAFFEINE, SORBIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, BENZOIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLUCURONOLACTONE, INOSITOL, GUARANA SEED EXTRACT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, MALTODEXTRIN, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

If you can't pronounce it, don't consume it!!
  • mowfaux
    Options
    How does something with zero calories give you ENERGY?
    they add caffiene
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know they're not the healthiest things in the world but sometimes you just need one to get you going.

I have illnesses which make me have little energy, not even enough to have the thought to go and exercise. If I have a Sugar Free Relentless (40 calories) In the morning I have eneergy all day. Hopefully once I've lost weigh I wont need it so much becasue my illnesses might not be so severe, but at the moment it works for me.
  • mowfaux
    Options
    What about GURU?

http://www.guruenergy.com/new/us/drinks/guru20-lite/guru-20-lite.php

I don't do energy drinks, but at least it doesn't have chemicals, it's 10 calories and uses Stevia for sweetness

Dunno, just trying to find you an alternative
  • carbonfiber7
    carbonfiber7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes these drinks are crap and I do stay away from them for the most part. Used to have one or two a day but now only have one every week at the most. Any suggestions on a energy boost after a long day of work fallowed by a 2 hour drive home? Coffee never works for me I can drink a pot of it and still fall asleep, energy drinks seem to give me a boost but need an alternative????
  • Lorisue1962
    Options
    CONGRATS on that amazing weight losss !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    All those energy drinks are crap. It doesn't have calories or sugar but it's loaded with chemicals.

INGREDIENTS: CARBONATED WATER, CITRIC ACID, ERYTHRITOL, NATURAL FLAVORS, TAURINE, SODIUM CITRATE, PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT, COLOR ADDED, L-CARNITINE - L-TARTRATE, CAFFEINE, SORBIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, BENZOIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLUCURONOLACTONE, INOSITOL, GUARANA SEED EXTRACT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, MALTODEXTRIN, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

I

I with you, I dont consume!!!! It can also give you kidney stone, very painfull.
  • mowfaux
    Options
    Yes these drinks are crap and I do stay away from them for the most part. Used to have one or two a day but now only have one every week at the most. Any suggestions on a energy boost after a long day of work fallowed by a 2 hour drive home? Coffee never works for me I can drink a pot of it and still fall asleep, energy drinks seem to give me a boost but need an alternative????
    Here's a site that gives you 69 ways to improve your energy level, maybe you can pick and choose a few of these things to try!

http://www.organiccoupons.org/blog/2008/07/69-natural-ways-to-increase-your-energy-level/
  • carbonfiber7
    carbonfiber7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link!!
  • dleithaus
    dleithaus Posts: 107 Member
    Options

huh.
    This is what is in an orange, "right off the tree"...
    Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.
  • mowfaux
    Options

huh.
    This is what is in an orange, "right off the tree"...
    Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.
    True that is the breakdown of an orange, but oranges are all natural. If you looked at the ingredients of pure orange juice, it would say "orange juice", not what you listed above. I'm purely talking on the ingredients label, not the food composition list.
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    What about GURU?

http://www.guruenergy.com/new/us/drinks/guru20-lite/guru-20-lite.php

I don't do energy drinks, but at least it doesn't have chemicals, it's 10 calories and uses Stevia for sweetness

Dunno, just trying to find you an alternative

Thanks, but I'm not looking for an alternative ;)