Low confidence to health enthusiast!

Options
Hi,

My name is Crystal! I started my fitness journey January of last year. I'm 5'1" and always been very petite. I started to gain some weight about 2-3 years ago. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and always look the same. I thought I wanted to get back to my usual weight/body. But in retrospect, I was very unhealthy even before gaining a little weight. I was drinking too much and not thinking about the nutritional value of food at all.

So weight loss was my original goal when I started going to the gym cluelessly. I went for a month and lost maybe a couple of lbs. I then decided to work with a trainer (friend of mine). He gave me a workout plan and I changed my diet drastically and cut down the drinking. In three months I lost 15 lbs and started to build muscle. I was hooked to the results! Fast forward a year later and I'm now 5 weeks away from my first NPC bikini competition. My body, mind, and spirit have completely transformed. I have so much confidence now in all aspects of my life. I've been promoted, now have a healthy relationship, and starting my own business. I wanted to share my story and if I inspire at least one person that would make me so happy!

iaisgl8pzc0z.jpeg

uzd6ihk7td7y.jpeg
pmkun83vff5j.jpeg

Replies

• KevinYoukillus
    KevinYoukillus Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So good! Congratulations!
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic goes to show with the right help and frame of mind it can be done. Thanks for sharing. Maybe its what I need to do as I'm in a down hill spiral atm.any other hints or tips greatly appreciated. Thank George
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Tremendous! I have to get my butt in gear. I know that transformation is in me too :)
  • callundriaeduacation
    callundriaeduacation Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Wow this is very encouraging. I am motivated now to be more healthy I totally agree we do tend to eat a lot and not realize how unhealthy the food is even the food that is suppose to be healthy is not always healthy. It all boils down to being careful watching what you eat and how much you eat
  • debdebbailey
    debdebbailey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring story! I have finally found the joy in exercise, myself!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! You look fantastic.
  • rosiedariveta
    rosiedariveta Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow that's motivational! Your great.