Soylent.... wow

Options
2»

Replies

• AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just checked their source, most of its nutrition comes from soy. Probably sourced from the US (Geneticay modified + insecticides ) or worst from China (Geneticay modified + insecticides + God knows...). Even if it's organic soy if it's not fermented the traditional way some people say it's not a great source of food, there is a controversy about how beneficial it is and how their estrogen like component affect the body:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1822466

There is a lot of info online about the problems of eating large amounts of soy. I personally, avoid soy milk and try to eat very little soy. A lot of process food have some soy in it already.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    AngelinaB_ wrote: »
    So are you planning to eat people for the rest of your life?

Why it is good for people who like to eat fast food?

Because it's fast? I think his point was that it's a grab and go solution for people who claim they don't have time to eat/make food, not people who love the flavors of fast food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I believe it's safe and I get why it appeals to some, but it sounds unbelievably boring to me. I like food.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ]Because it's fast? I think his point was that it's a grab and go solution for people who claim they don't have time to eat/make food, not people who love the flavors of fast food.

Aw ok I though there was some miraculous claimed benefit from this product that would make people eat less fast food or something.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    rsleighty wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

Sorry... I couldn't help myself.

My mind went there too lol.

utzTCyo.png
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    As far as I have read, it is meant for people who don't want to bother with cooking or preparing food yet want a balanced diet. It is not really meant for weight loss, although I am guessing the primary users are people who would otherwise eat fast food and other pre-packaged foods, so since it would get their calories under control they would lose weight. I can think of a couple of people who have posted on here about not liking eating who would probably benefit from it.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had a problem with skipping meals mainly breakfast and lunch.

Thankfully Soylent gives me no excuse to not eat food, even if I "don't have the time" to eat, I do - Soylent.

Soylent is not intended for weight loss, it acts as a meal replacement or alternative. Rosa Labs, creator of Soylent is Pro GMO Read, "Proudly Made with GMOs."

I make my own dinners, you can check out my twitter where I post my food pictures - I do this to hold myself accountable for what I eat.

So, the assumptions on this thread have not been correct in the reasons I consume Soylent. However you get healthy, I say go for it.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    (Whatever you do, however you get healthy - I say go for it.)