Healthy diet and exercise with over-the-counter boost? Hydro

Options
I have a question!
So, I've never used any of those weight loss pills or anything before. They always seemed like a hoax to me. But I was wondering, since I already exercise and eat well, would any of those over-the-counter weight loss pills just sort of be like a little boost for me? Obviously, I am not trusting them to do all the work. I've just never heard of anyone losing weight the healthy way and ALSO taking any of those.
Has anyone else done it? Does it help? Do you lose more? If so, at a healthy rate or do you lose it a little too fast? Is it harder to keep off? Would it be more beneficial to just take it for a little while, every so often, when I'm at a plateau?

Help! (: Tips, please!

Replies

• peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend it, but if your going to take something take the Alli. It is the only otc that is fda approved for weightloss. Just remember it removes extra fat from the food you are eating, and it can cause diarreah.
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    I eat fairly well and work out regularly - I took green tea/acai (sp?) berry pills for a few weeks, and I didn't really see any difference besides the fact that they made me extremely hyper and sometimes dizzy/nauseous. Needless to say I've stopped taking them, haha.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I get this way, I go on a caffeine fast. Do it for a month. then Kick the caffeine into high gear. Caffeine is a stimulant and the body adapts to it. But because it is a stimulant it directly effects your metabolism. I imagine there ARE products out there....but most of the time they deliver a loss of water weight with Dandelion root and other diuretics.

Caffeine is the only real one. Also when I kick in the caffeine I like Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy, Grape and Fruit Punch Flavors.

Hope I helped. :smile:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend it, but if your going to take something take the Alli. It is the only otc that is fda approved for weightloss. Just remember it removes extra fat from the food you are eating, and it can cause diarreah.
    Saying that alli "can cause diarrhea" is an understatement. I've heard horror stories about how the fat just leaks out of your *kitten* and you have no control over it!! I wouldn't go anywhere near that thing.
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nothing works as well as good solid hard work. I wouldn't recommend messing with your body, you have NO idea what you could be messing with internally and it's just not worth it. So many of them have known and unknown side-effects. There is no substitution for hard work. Keep doing what you're doing!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Hydroxycut Max on the days that I work to help keep me from being hungry all day. I've been keeping to 1500 cal and exercising 5-7 times a week. I lost 6lbs last week between diet, exercise, and taking 2 pills twice a day 3 days last week. Your results may vary. My results could have been a post-TOM water weight loss. I'm not sure, but I don't really care. I feel fine. I'm watching what I eat. I'm exercising almost every day. I don't take the pills every day or as often during the day as they recommend. They do seem to give me a little bit of energy, but mostly they help me not have the munchies while at work.

A lot of people here will tell you not to use any OTC weight loss pill. That's probably not a bad idea, but I know for me, I will finish this bottle that I've got in the cabinet. Then I'm going to get a bottle of Oxy Elite Pro fat burner. That's just me.

I decided to give 'em a shot because I figured that it couldn't hurt. I'm not relying on the pills to make me get skinny. I'm doing the hard work. They just give me a little boost, a little motivation when I see the scale go down every day or so.
  • seeladyliv
    Options
    You can try the alli pill (it's been FDA approved, if that makes you feel better). I have used it myself, but it only works when you are eating more than 15grams of fat in one meal. If you are dieting properly, you are not likely to be eating that much fat during any one meal. But I take it when I expect to be eating poorly. Holiday, family party, special event..etc. it is pretty helpful to know your whole week of dieting isn't completely shot. But beware the rumors you hear about it are pretty true. I have never experienced them myself, which I attribute to the fact I don't eat meat (so I eat a lot less fat than most people). But it has made me nervous about being outside a 50 ft radius of a bathroom the day after I take it (upset stomach).
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ECA stack is the only over the counter thing worth getting, and it's cheap. Buy broncaid behind the counter at the pharmacy, and caffiene pills, and low dose aspirin, take 50mg broncaid, 50mg caf, and 80mg bayer, up dosage as you see fit and can tolerate. I cycle 2 weeks on 1 week off, when I'm not on ECA I'm cycling with clenbuterol, which is a great not legal not OTC drug, but great for cutting fat.
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Saying that alli "can cause diarrhea" is an understatement. I've heard horror stories about how the fat just leaks out of your *kitten* and you have no control over it!! I wouldn't go anywhere near that thing.

hahahaha! YIKES!