Bosu balance trainer?

Options
I would love to get one but they do cost a lot. Does anyone have one and kind do you have? I seen several from Bosu and I have seen some from Pro form. Do I really need the cables that hook on the side of the Bosu?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Unless it's for rehab with a physical therapist, I don't know of a single legitimate reason to use a bosu ball. All the studies I've seen on the subject concludes that it doesn't improve performance over regular training, and in some cases even had the opposite effect.

Pro tip: Save your money.

cg2lwd1lzgdl.jpg
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I refer you to point 15 in this article:

http://www.leangains.com/2011/09/fuckarounditis.html
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they are a bit overrated. Same with stability balls. It's not that they don't have uses, but their benefits are overstated. That said, i do 2 exercises with a Bosu trainer. I slam a medicine ball at it, and it bounces back hard - good for quickness and also abs. I also do a ski preparation drill by standing on the flat side, with an Airex pad under the Bosu for extra movement.. then i pivot side to side like i'm skiing. Feels pretty realistic. :+1:

Why did you want one?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I use them at they gym. They are great tools, but not essential. I've never seen them cheap. I get a lot of fitness stuff at Goodwill, but have never seen a BOSU. There are probably other ways you can recreate the instablity of a BOSU at home.
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    I am looking at used on a local ad and saw one for 50 or 60 dollars. It does not come with cables, dvd or pump though.