Replies

• xxlno
    xxlno Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    geese, vikinglander, you made me cry
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @BreakEveryChain16 , Have you attempted to use myfitnesspal for this weight loss purpose in the past?
  • Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I got to my target weight using MFP, and I love myself more than ever now.
  • BreakEveryChain16
    Options
    @BreakEveryChain16, that's an awesome letter. Really touched me. Get into MFP and make some friends, and track everything! I've been overweight for 30+ years, and tried almost everything else out there - THIS is what has worked most consistently for me.

I love your screen name! Says it all!

Two things:
    1) For once, this is JUST for you.
    2) Sexy is not a size. Every calorie is not a war. Your body is not a battleground. Your value is not measured in pounds. You are just as beautiful as every other woman.

Good Luck!
    Add me if you like...

Thank you so much! My screen name is actually the name of a song, and I believe it 100%.

I rarely receive such complements! I think you made me blush! I certainly had tears in my eyes.
  • BreakEveryChain16
    Options
    geekydee83 wrote: »
    Love the letter and can totally relate, as I'm sure many people here can! I'm sending you a friend request, I know I'm going to need support for the low days and high fives for the good so maybe I can do that for you too? Best of luck to you x

Edit: I've just tried to add you but I can't from my end, if you want a cheerleader then send me a request :)

I sent you a friend request, and I'd like to be there for you as well.
  • BreakEveryChain16
    Options
    @BreakEveryChain16 , Have you attempted to use myfitnesspal for this weight loss purpose in the past?

Yes I have. Many, many, many times.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful, and honestly so true. I have had such a rocky relationship with MFP, but being at my heaviest right now has made me decide to finally quit with the excuses and start trying. Best of luck, my friend!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I admire you for having the courage to make life-style changes. It can be so hard to do..
    Never, however, say 'farewell' to the miraculous woman you are. You may want to be fitter, healthier, stronger - but that soul inside you has got you 'this' far in your life and has not let you down. Respect starts from within. You can do this, whatever 'this' may be. But know that you never have been/never will be a failure.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Beautiful farewell letter to the old you....your old mindset and old ways! I wish you great success on this journey! :)
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    Options
    great letter and just what I needed to read this morning. This is exactly what I am doing today "starting over". With the help of MFP I lost 80 lbs 4 years ago but last year I had a heart attack and some of the medication they put me on made me gain weight fast 25 lbs back on in addition to the 10 lbs before the attack. I know WE can do this. Good Luck and best wishes, lets get fit, healthy and happy!
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This was so inspiring! good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Not what I was expecting when I opened the thread, but very good thoughts.
  • KimerinaD
    KimerinaD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    <3
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    This is great :) Bye bye old you and welcome new you!

You got this!

As said above - make a nice group of supportive friends and remember - slow and steady wins the race :)

Thanks! Unfortunately for me, my support will be limited to MFP. I don't have much to lean on in RL. Everyone is so fickle and no one really believes I can do this.

The thing about people not believing you can do this is that your victory will taste all that much sweeter when you actually do get there. Trust me, my biggest life accomplishment was basically impossible according to everyone in my life. It can't be done! You're crazy! There's just no way! I heard it all. They're eating crow now though, because I did it. You can too! Good luck, slow and steady wins the race.