Diet Obstacles

Options
What are your biggest obstacles when it comes to staying on track with your calories?

Mine are by far wine and soda!!!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say it's how much I love to eat, drink and be merry. I'm a party girl at heart.
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Myself. :wink:
  • hayleyf6051
    hayleyf6051 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eating out!
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    eating out is another for me as well, especially for lunch at work.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Alcohol.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Time. When I get hurried I eat out or grab something quick which usually isn't the best.
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wine is definitely an issue for me.
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Friends and family x(

They - unfortunately - don't care about what I am going through . That's why I joined mfp " Looking for supportive friends "
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I also agree with eating out! When I want fast food and I calculate the calories for 1 meal... :o It's so hard! All I want is some fries!! Why are they so high in calories :/
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Myself. :wink:

Yup.
  • zarzawoman125
    zarzawoman125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is stopping eating when I'm full :/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cheese (with wine to wash it down) :blush:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Boredom. When that happens I get to the root of my dissatisfaction and come up with a new strategy.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just seem to have no self control. I just want to eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Boredom. When that happens I get to the root of my dissatisfaction and come up with a new strategy.
    Great post.
  • stacey01575
    stacey01575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eating out is the big one, we go out way more often than we should... the downside of living in Portland, OR, a great foodie town. Also, my husband loves grabbing a couple drinks after work most weekdays, and I am trying to limit alcohol right now (I'm doing a dietbet) so it is a challenge for me to choose not to partake while still going out keeping him company.

Wine, pizza, and cupcakes/brownies are the cravings that tend to hit me hardest but I do try to fit them into my calorie goals fairly regularly (in smaller portions) to avoid feeling deprived.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Eating out is the big one, we go out way more often than we should... the downside of living in Portland, OR, a great foodie town. Also, my husband loves grabbing a couple drinks after work most weekdays, and I am trying to limit alcohol right now (I'm doing a dietbet) so it is a challenge for me to choose not to partake while still going out keeping him company.

Wine, pizza, and cupcakes/brownies are the cravings that tend to hit me hardest but I do try to fit them into my calorie goals fairly regularly (in smaller portions) to avoid feeling deprived.

We go out way too often too. I have to really strategize. And, I love good wines. Having a clear sense of goals, and a real understanding of the calories and nutrients in restaurant foods is key, isn't it? I eat a lot of caesar salads with salmon, steak and veg etc.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I tend to be my own worst enemy. So clearly, I'm my own biggest obstacle LOL
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Me.
    And I don't mean this in the literal, physical sense, thank God!