New to the scene

Options
I work as a nurse and was living what I consider to be an unhealthy lifestyle (ex: eating fast food and dining out frequently, and not exercising). I felt like a hypocrite and wanted to become an example to my patients what being healthy looks and feels like. I want to lose weight and get stronger to have more energy and to be stronger. Good luck to all of you seeking the same!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• levixter
    levixter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me for extra support! :)
  • S_Fontenot
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined today. Feel free to add me...we all need the extra support! Good Luck!
  • md921
    md921 Posts: 8
    Options
    I work as a nurse and was living what I consider to be an unhealthy lifestyle (ex: eating fast food and dining out frequently, and not exercising). I felt like a hypocrite and wanted to become an example to my patients what being healthy looks and feels like. I want to lose weight and get stronger to have more energy and to be stronger. Good luck to all of you seeking the same!!! :flowerforyou:
    I had similar reasons to join. I want to lose only ~10 lbs, get in shape and just eat healthy and exercise often.
    I am a doctor and the majority of my patients are obese. I think I will be more convincing and comfortable with counseling my patients about lifestyle changes, if I have done it myself. Or on the other hand, if I am unable to discipline myself, I will understand why some of my patients find it so hard to do.

Well, Welcome aboard !
  • lkb1025
    lkb1025 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined about a week ago for very similar reasons. I'm going to school to become a physical therapist and realized that the condition I'm in will not work well for my career. I also want to make sure I will be a good example for my patients someday. Good luck with your weight loss!!