High protein low carb vegan snacks - any ideas?

Options
Hello! I've recently gone plant based, from being a vegetarian. I'm really enjoying it but am finding that I'm eating a lot of carbs in order to get enough protein; chickpeas, beans etc. Eggs used to be my go - to snack. Has anyone used a good vegan protein powder or got any ideas for lower carb, high protein snacks? I do a lot of sport and weights. Thanks guys!
I live in UK by the way, I've seen lots of great protein shakes online but they're only available in USA or Aus!

Replies

• chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally tried them, but myprotein has some vegan protein blends. I personally use Vega, Orgain, and whatever new vegan protein powder I can find. I don't really snack, so I can't say what a good high protein snack is as I'll normally just eat a protein bar from Clif (Clif builder) or whatever brand I currently have on hand however they tend to be higher in carb. I know I can sometimes get setian jerky from an organic store, so that might be a good option for you. I know you can make setian at home and it's very high protein. As long as you get .8g protein per pound of body weight, you should be fine as far as lifting. Unsweetened soy milk is fairly high in protein, and can be mixed with a vegan protein powder for added protein.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Those are good carbs and carbs you want. Plus the fiber is very helpful in the digestion of carbs. Carbs are your friend.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas? :) Those are the only things that come to mind that have a decent amount of protein lol
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior is my favorite vegan protein powder...but carbs aren't bad....