LCD is making me gain weight??

Options
Hey. I am 5'4" and 152 lbs. trading to drop too 122 lb.
I started on 1200 cal per day - exercising 5 days a week. Usually including 15-20 min walk/run on treadmill, then 20 min HIIT.

So far I have been going strong for 25 days - not feeling fatigued or (too) hungry. Finally got on the scales for the first time and have GAINED 7 lb. I know that this is not muscle weight as I haven't done any weight training and to add this amount of muscle in such a short time is simply unattainable.

Please help??

Replies

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Deleted
  • katiebarton719
    katiebarton719 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything, have cut out processed foods, diary and wheat. Most of my meals are pre - portion controlled and balance at 330 cal each. I have added protein mix at 30% carb to give myself energy HOWEVER it is a replacement not addition. Trust me when I say that I am not eating additional calories
  • 50extra
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Deleted
  • katiebarton719
    Options
    Also when I say "20 min HIIT" this is not including rest time.
  • katiebarton719
    Options
    I can't tell whether you are being condescending or have a natural talent for bigotry. Thanks for the advise.
  • 50extra
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I deleted my posts as to not clog up your thread.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, what he is saying is that with your stats, if you are really eating 1200 calories, exercising on top of that, and gaining weight, you must have some kind of medical condition that is messing with your numbers. I am 43, 5'4 130 lbs and I would be starving and hangry eating 1200 cals.

Having said that, it can sometimes take a couple of weeks for your body to "catch up" to a new diet or exercise. If your TOM fell within these 3 weeks you could be dealing with some serious water weight issues. Did you maybe weigh yourself on a different scale or at a different time of day than you did the first time?

Also verify you are using accurate database entries when logging, some of them are very wrong. And not forgetting beverages, cooking oil, condiments, etc as that is really common.
  • katiebarton719
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Same scales, same time of day (morning) hopefully it is just water as I have been trying to drink 3liter a day. I am trying to keep it as natural as possible to help with database entries eg. Fruits and veg, anything else I scan the bar code eg. Lentils. Most of my food is grilled, boiled or raw to save on added oil etc. it's just so deflating as I have been working my butt off. Any who I will keep up the effort and see if it is a "catch up"
    Thanks! :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Same scales, same time of day (morning) hopefully it is just water as I have been trying to drink 3liter a day. I am trying to keep it as natural as possible to help with database entries eg. Fruits and veg, anything else I scan the bar code eg. Lentils. Most of my food is grilled, boiled or raw to save on added oil etc. it's just so deflating as I have been working my butt off. Any who I will keep up the effort and see if it is a "catch up"
    Thanks! :)

Drinking 3L of water a day will help get rid of water retention, not cause it.

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You should be able to eat your 1200 plus some calories from exercise and be fine. The exercise would cause some water retention but that seems like a lot. I'm about the same size as you and really notice halfva stone difference.

Obtaining values for food in its natural state isn't always foolproof. I made a lamb stew the other day and values for raw boneless lamb shoulder ranged from 120 to 245 calories per 100g.

In your situation, I'd make sure I drank plenty of water and see what happens if I replaced the protein mix with the equivalent calories in food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you due on your period?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    25 days is a long time. I would consult my doctor about this.
  • katiebarton719
    Options

I have an implant in my arm which stops my period. Haven't had a period for 2 months.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I have an implant in my arm which stops my period. Haven't had a period for 2 months.

then on the flipside are you pregnant? While I am partially kidding, if you are accurately tracking this could be a possibility.
  • katiebarton719
    Options
    Example of normal day diet (today's);
    Breakfast:
    2 bananas, 100ml almond milk, 15ml honey and raw egg smoothie.
    Lunch:
    Chicken avo salad with walnuts. Balsamic/oil dressing
    Dinner:
    Lamb chops with grilled asparagus and lemon pepper.
    Snacks: handful whole almonds, hard boiled egg.

Today I skipped the protein coz it's my rest day - but I went for a 15 minute run anyway.

I take women's active supplements pill in the morning, and a shot of organic apple cider vinegar. Some times pre-workout.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    If you're absolutely sure you're weighing everything (you'd be surprised how many people don't realise that everything means everything, including pre-weighed packaged items) and are choosing the correct items from the database (by comparing it with packaging etc), the only other thing I can suggest is checking your body scales by putting a known weight on them. Maybe there's an issue with the battery or something?
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed your bananas, chicken, avo, walnuts and almonds? Or are you eyeballing? They are all quite calorific for a small amount (well, apart from the chicken really, but still) and "a handful" of almonds could vary a huge amount....
  • katiebarton719
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    Have you weighed your bananas, chicken, avo, walnuts and almonds? Or are you eyeballing? They are all quite calorific for a small amount (well, apart from the chicken really, but still) and "a handful" of almonds could vary a huge amount....

Okay you got me with the banana and avo, I guestermate the size. But yes for the others - chicken I eat 50g. And I count out 13 nuts per portion.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So, LCD isn't making you gain weight. You're just not on a LCD. Weigh everything, double check all the entries (the barcode scanner can lead to the same erroneous entries as the search function).

Edited to add: Everything means literally everything, including those nuts, at least until you start losing weight.
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds like your doing everything right. Just a suggestion but you could start measuring yourself, you may be losing inches. It is possible to drop inches even though the scale isn't budging. How are your clothes fitting now?