Slimming world formula

Options
claireduffy9
claireduffy9 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys, for those of you following a slimming world diet but using MFP as wel I've worked out a few things that may help!

The syns allowance on SW ensures you dont go over 25-30g of added sugar and 15g of added fat a day. The milk and cheese allowance in HEXA ensures you do not have more than 10g fat whilst still getting your calcium. The HEXB ensures you have at least 3g fibre as this will counteract any added sugar that might be in the HEXB food.

Free foods that contain added sugar such as baked beans and muller lights are counteracted by the fibre or protein content (respectively) and the fact that they have very little added fat.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    neither sugar nor fat are the cause of gaining weight... too many calories are.
  • claireduffy9
    claireduffy9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you, I've always calorie controlled and remained at same weight or lost however I've never lost weight when I've eaten in excess of added sugar even if it's within my calorie allowance! A bit of an experiment of mine.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What a faff!
  • annobrien1970
    annobrien1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If your following sw you shouldn't be counting the calories or over thinking the plan but as far as I see with sw diet is high in processed food which isint healthy