Is this normal or do i need to cut down calories?

Options
angeljo2015
angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've lost two stone and am into my last stone to lose, I'm generally losing a pound a week, eating between 1600-1700 cals I'm 151 pounds and five foot one, is this slow loss or normal loss?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pound a week sounds good to me.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Normal.

It would be a normal rate of loss for anyone (even very obese) since the general medical advice is to aim for a 1 to 2 pound weight loss per week. But in general the closer you get to your goal weight the slower you lose. Think of it as a slow acclimation to maintenance.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    1 pound is normal loss, no need to cut down calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,034 Member
    Options
    Normal, but your weight loss will likely slow down as you get closer to your goal. If it slows to under 1 lb/week, you might consider dropping 100 calories and see how that goes.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That's a good rate of loss with a comfortable calorie intake. No reason to cut it down for another 15lb, at least!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    With only a stone to lose you actually should be aiming for a half pound/week rate of loss, not a full pound. This will help preserve lean body mass and make the transition to maintenance more seamless if you actually eat about 250 more calories now and slow down the weight loss a bit.
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • nicolaalynn1
    nicolaalynn1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's only healthy to lose up to 2 pounds a week. It's normal!