9 Pounds in 9 Weeks: Starts Sunday, Sept. 11th

Options
tlcshape
tlcshape Posts: 11 Member
I'd like to lose 9 pounds or 2" from my waist by November 11th by giving up carbs after 3 pm daily, exercising 5 times a week, and limiting myself to one glass of wine a night. My 46th birthday is Nov. 14th and I'm tired of saying I will lose this extra weight someday. If you'd like to join me for the next nine weeks, just share your goal and what you will do to achieve it and we can support eacother!

Replies

• beemac52014
    beemac52014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in 9 weeks sounds great! I am working on losing this 20 pounds for probably the third time. I will turn 50 in October and have a trip coming up in March that I want to feel good for. I plan to work out 5 times per week, track everything and plan meals ahead to ward off temptations. Let's do it!
  • MaryMoCla
    MaryMoCla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in gals - let's do this!
  • bigforkmama
    bigforkmama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok Im in. Im doing this. NO MORE EXCUSES. I have no stress FINALLY, my life is in order and now is my chance. Thanks for setting this up. This feels realistic to me. Not sure how the challenges work but I'll learn.
  • tlcshape
    Options
    Hooray! It's only 9 weeks of committment, we can do this. I am using Tone It Up girls for my exercise guidance. The less I think about what to do and the more I let someone tell me what exercises to do, the better. They are so flipping happy and contagious. I move at half their speed but tgey are great
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I've just been offered my dream job, and I'd like to start it feeling a bit more comfortable in myself (and hopefully, fitting into the smart work wardrobe which is just one dress size too small). I'm AWFUL at committing to working out, so I'll say two days per week for now and aim for more.
  • jeanne1967
    jeanne1967 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep sounds good. I have just forlornly looking at when I joined fitness pal. I needed to lose weight as i had been diagnosed diabetic. :( so many promises but no weight loss. I need to do this so I'm in. Hour long walks with the dog, swimming and yoga. And much less food. We can do it
  • jessicawarden614
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I think I will try Tone It Up girls for exercise as I need a change. I am trying for a 10 pound loss.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    I'm in too
    9lbs in 9 weeks sounds good to me :)
    I've still got about 80lbs to lose altogether but any extra motivation is good for me :) x
  • tlcshape
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Today is the beginning of 9 pounds in 9 weeks. I just weighed myself and measured my waist. Though my goal is to lose more weight, for this round of #9in9 my target is to reach 151lbs. or for my waist to decrease 2" to 32.5 (I'm measuring the area just above my hips as my waist). My Abs target , which I'm measuring around my belly button, is 29". So glad you're all joining in! Hug yourselves some love today!
  • tlcshape
    Options
    @Fiftyshadesofweight Let me know what you think of Tone It Up. I love them. I had great success using their routines and guidance a year ago (but relocated and lost my good habits). They are challenging but they get easier with practice. I enjoy their attitude and pace.
  • kevinbohl212
    kevinbohl212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I 2 would love to lose 9 lbs in 9 weeks. .making 2 many excuses.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Perfect... this is a reasonable goal to me. I am in. I am also sending friend requests to some who are similar in age and weight to myself. Hope youll accept.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am starting at 160 this morning and have lost 15 lbs so far (which is quite a lot since beginning of August) I am doing Calories In less than calories out using MFP guidelines at 1lb loss per week and doing a lot of cardio and eating back most of my exercise points. ( I use a fitbit surge) I eat mostly clean foods and use volume to feel full... lots of cabbage and spinach and spaghetti squash. I don't drink soda or alcohol. I don't eat bread, pasta, or other simple carbs.
    My guilty pleasure is a granola bar as an evening snack if I have the calories.
    Please try to add me as a friend, I have a hard time adding folks.
  • beemac52014
    beemac52014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Starting 9 pound in 9 weeks today! Today is my prep day. I'll be making some great salads to keep me on track through the week. I've scheduled my workouts for the week and scheduled my menues in my diary a couple of days ahead. I've lost about four pounds in the last few weeks and I'm excited to get to my goal and feel great!
  • gem_t_86
    Options
    Great to see so many joining in! I'm already halfway to my workout goal as I did the first C25K run today and have done some food shopping and meal planning. My meals are going to be unique to say the least, as I'm moving house and therefore need to use up everything in the freezer and most of the stuff in the cupboard. But at least it means the food shopping was nice and cheap! Weighed myself today (153lb) and my goal is to get down to 140lb.
  • moorem93
    moorem93 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I would live to please join, I to want to lose more weight but this challenge should make me accountable for my weight loss journey! Currently starting at 140 ILbs. My goal is 120-124 by Christmas!

Where is everyone from?
  • gem_t_86
    Options
    @moorem93 I'm from the UK - currently living in the West Midlands. What about you?
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! Challenges are most helpful to me. I'd like to lose a bit more than 9, but this will get me on my way. I haven't been exercising regularly of late. I Will get straight back to my walking routine of
    4-5 times a week.
  • moorem93
    moorem93 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @vegangem86 I'm Irish currently living the U.S., thanks for saying hello! Looking forward to the next 9 weeks