Uneven floor, unable to get accurate weight

Options
Hi,

I can't get an accurate weight in my flat, as there isn't one bit of even flooring. My weight fluctuates between a stone in every room of my flat. I have been to the doctor, so I know what I weight. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do with my scales to get a correct reading, or does anyone know of scales that would work with uneven flooring?

Thanks

Replies

• rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i have same issue so i weigh on same spot. or sounds daft but your bath should have the flattest surface maybe try in there?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Go to the docs once a month
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I agree to just have the scale in the same spot for all weighing and always wear exactly the same thing and at the same time every day. Since the time of day has a bearing on what You weigh too I would not consider the doctors to be 100% accurate.

For the best results in my case I leave the scale in the same spot, check it is correctly zeroed and weigh in the morning when I get up wearing the same thing every time. I am more concerned with the changes in my weight and any trends than a 100% accurate weight. I also log my weight in a small ledger book to make long term trend tracking easier.

Good Luck
    Roger

P.S. if there is not flat spot large enough for the scale visit a Tile store and get a tile large enough for the scale to sit on it.
  • dietcepheus
    dietcepheus Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You could try getting a wooden board or a big tile to put under the scales.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no one has 100% level floors. Just put it on the exact same spot every time.

The old-style dial-type scales seem to work better for this than the newer digital ones.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Get yourself a wood board that is hard. Then buy some floor levelers, like the ones under your fridge or oven.

https://www.amazon.com/Handy-Kenlin-Group-U-Bracket-Levelers/dp/B0037MOJ3C/ref=pd_sim_60_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0T31PFNZBT3FXQB9PEFV

Then attach them to the board and place a level on top and adjust until you get a level surface, then put your scale on it.

Pretty easy to do only need a few screws.
  • ashleyfovargue
    ashleyfovargue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK and weigh weekly on the professional weigh machine in the local Boots chemist.
  • debbiehg87
    debbiehg87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that even if I stand on my scales straight after coming off them I get a completely different weight. Not just a few pounds, like half a stone difference. I have had two pairs of scales that have done this, not just my current set.

I think I will try and get a board or tile to put my scales on, and hopefully this will work
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Maybe inside your bath tub?
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    debbiehg87 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that even if I stand on my scales straight after coming off them I get a completely different weight. Not just a few pounds, like half a stone difference. I have had two pairs of scales that have done this, not just my current set.

I think I will try and get a board or tile to put my scales on, and hopefully this will work

I don't have much room in my bathroom, so i lean it up every day. Then i set it down where its exactly flat in the same spot every day.

SOOO.... The scale is always +4 pounds extra the first time, then i get back on it and its where it should be, and i can keep weighing myself and its the same. For some reason the first time isn't calibrated correctly. But that's just how my scale works.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    debbiehg87 wrote: »

I don't have much room in my bathroom, so i lean it up every day. Then i set it down where its exactly flat in the same spot every day.

SOOO.... The scale is always +4 pounds extra the first time, then i get back on it and its where it should be, and i can keep weighing myself and its the same. For some reason the first time isn't calibrated correctly. But that's just how my scale works.

Mine, too. The second weight is the correct one. The first one is always over by about 4lbs.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you have an uneven floor, perhaps use your Doctor's scale each week - or visit one of those 'pay per use' ones in pharmacies (Remember - Same time each week is preferable!).