question for the ladies

Options
do you still drop weight during your monthly cycle...gain or stay the same??

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I always gain about three pounds in the week leading up and don't drop it until a few days after Tom's gone.
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I find that I gain, mostly due to bloating :( So I avoid weighing in at that time
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    usually stay the same or gain about a pound :/ kind of frustrating actually
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    Always gain, and feel gross and bloated... and angry... and tired...
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    major gain - as in at least 5 pounds! ugh!!:sick:

It's a major mental hurdle for me, even though I know it's temporary.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    it depends on what i eat and drink in the week leading up to it. if i eat mainly fresh foods and keep up with my water intake and stay within my calorie limit, i can avoid the bloating and usually maintain. if i give into the pms cravings, i bloat up and retain lots of fluid - going up a pound or two.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I gain...lots of water retention...hate it!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Sorry, semi unrelated...

I am SO glad...my name is not 'Tom'...because now, when I see that name...well, the mental image isn't nice, and I'd hate to constantly relate my name...to that...uhh...image.

No disrespect intended, I feel your plight women...

Carry on!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I start retaining water a few days before. I usually dont weigh myself during this time until it is gone for about 2 days. To know it would have me giving into my cravings. It is extremely frustrating, especially when I dont feel like doing any exercise the first 2 days in. The things us girls have to go through
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always gain.... partially to the food I eat during that time, and also because of water weight..... :explode:
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I have gained small amounts, like 0.4 to 0.6... and other times I have lost very little, like 0.2 to 0.4lbs. I try to drink extra water during my time of the month to combat the bloating, and take extra B6 (100mg a day) to curb cravings. I'm also going to buy some chromium picolinate (800-1000mg), which I recently learned can help with sugar cravings, which is my big battle when I'm in PMS mode.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I start retaining water a few days before. I usually dont weigh myself during this time until it is gone for about 2 days. To know it would have me giving into my cravings. It is extremely frustrating, especially when I dont feel like doing any exercise the first 2 days in. The things us girls have to go through

Like she said!!!! And what's crazy is I crave all the bad stuff - white carbs, salty stuff, greasy fried fat food. Seems like the T.O.M. Devil is giving me a triple whammy!!! Oh, I forgot to mention the migraine-like headache. Make that a quadruple whammy!!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also make a conscious effort to reduce my sodium intake in general, but even more so during that time.
  • improna
    improna Posts: 14
    Options
    Sorry, semi unrelated...

I am SO glad...my name is not 'Tom'...because now, when I see that name...well, the mental image isn't nice, and I'd hate to constantly relate my name...to that...uhh...image.

No disrespect intended, I feel your plight women...

Carry on!

The title says for the "LADIES" Not for the "GUYS" So why the hell did you even come on this post?
    Stupid.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I find that I gain, mostly due to bloating :( So I avoid weighing in at that time

^^^ This
  • showme989
    showme989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something new this month after reading this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results

I'm increasing my calories by 150-200 the week prior and during TOM. Today is day 1 of TOM and I'm NOT up in weight, which is AMAZING to me. The jury is still out.... I'm hoping to be under my current weight by the end of TOM.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    i gained 3 pounds this month during