deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Chobani!!!

:flowerforyou:
    I love Chobani also....and Fage is really nice too!!!:smile:
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm not a huge yogurt eater but Greek yogurt has changed that. Love it!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I feel in love with it also
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Fage yogurt too plus Tzatziki as a dip with cucumbers and carrots. I just read someone added Lemon chiffon sugar free pudding to 0% plain yogurt and it was suppose to taste like cheese cake. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Check out their web site for more recipes:

http://www.fageusa.com/recipes/category/courses/dessert/
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    AMEN. i eat it errrrday! Love it!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Try Fage....it is very creamy.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    It's so yummy...like custard. Yum! I love Chobani.

I love greek yogurt as well. It's high in protein, filling, and best of all, no gelatin!

Amy -- quoted you because I looked at your pictures. You look awesome! Seriously, in your before and after you look ten years younger!
    Thanks!!! I teach HS students, and when I show them that picture, they always think I'm about 20 years older than I was then.

I use Greek yogurt sometimes in cooking when it calls for sour cream. It's the plain kind, of course. I also have been known to use vanilla or plain yogurt instead of buttermilk.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    At first I did not like the Greek yogurt, but so many people praised it's protein count and the taste, that I tried it again orver the holiday weekend. I tried the Chobani Pineapple [2% fat, and 160 calories] and it was fantastic. For me thought, the calories are too high. [I don't have a problem with going over on fats, but calories are usually real close and sugars I have to be careful with.] So what I've decided to do is to buy the flavors I like, and eat 1/2 a serving instead.. or 1/3 with 1/3 of a banana or some added berries. The protein is worth it! Plus.. the sugar is natural..not a chemical and the protein keeps me FULL! I have started a new job where I am on the road A LOT! So I'm packing the whole serving.. in two separate containers. If I can't eat my lunch [salad with lean protein] I can opt for both servings of fruit n yogurt until I can eat more.

I tried Fage [sp?] this week and was not as impressed. I tried it bc the calories are up to 40 calories less than for Chobani. The topping is really sweet..and I found it wasn't enough to flavor the entire 6 oz serving of yogurt. However, the calories ARE less, it is rich and creamy, and it's probably more of a personal preference than anything else. I am going to try a couple of the others mentioned here, especially the Cabot, which tends to be more of a natural brand.

AMY**** you look amazing! You are a mere portion of your original self [physically]. What an inspiration. I agree with the other poster.. you look years younger! Way to goooo!

:flowerforyou:
    Thanks!!! It was a long journey, but SO worth it!

By the way, Chobani 0% black cherry is my fave. Yum!!!
  • TrishDoller
    Options
    I eat Chobani almost every morning. If I don't have my greek yogurt, I feel like the day is off.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Trying the greek yogurt was the best move I could have made. Love the stuff. Fage is my favorite. Chobani is the runner up. I use fruit, honey or granola in mine. (not all at the same time) Since becoming a member here I have tried so many new (and yummy) things that it has made this time around not seem like a diet but a true life change. Thanks to all for so many new ideas on what is good!!
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Yes, I too, love Greek yogurt. Its delicious!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I might have to give this a try. I already love yogurt....so I should at least like this right? LOL.

Great thread about this...thanks!
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    My favorite combo is Fage non-fat yogurt, blueberries, sliced almonds and a little bit of honey. BUT - I put it on everything in place of sour cream - tacos, eggs, you name it! MMMMMMM!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Chobani w/ walnuts rocks:bigsmile:
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I, too, was not a yogurt fan. Did not like the consistency or aftertaste until I tried Chobani. Love it! I use half a container of the plain to up my protein with some frozen strawberries and soy protein and lime for a fantastic shake!
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My favorite combo is Fage non-fat yogurt, blueberries, sliced almonds and a little bit of honey. BUT - I put it on everything in place of sour cream - tacos, eggs, you name it! MMMMMMM!

That sounds so delicious!!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just want to send a big shout out to all Greek people to say THANK YOU for sharing your Greek yogurt with the world! I use Tzatziki for so many things from salad dressings to dips and I can't imagine what I would do without my Plain Fage Total 0% for breakfast. These products taste good and are so healthy for you too. My advice to those who say they don't like yogurt is just try it and see. Greek yogurt has been one of my favorite go to foods on my weight loss journey. I'm always going to have it in my fridge. I'm not Greek but am of Mediterranean descent (Italian) and my culture always included eating like Mediterranean people do except the portions were too big! Hence the weight problem. It's the best way to eat and live healthy.

How on earth do you stomach the taste of the plain? I have tried and tried, but just can't do it!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Greek yogurt convert :-)

At first, I made the horrible mistake of trying the Yoplait Greek yogurt because Yoplait is such a popular brand I loved all their other yogurts. BLEH! I took a bite and almost gagged! I tried another bite and then threw it away.

I was convinced all the Greek yogurt lovers were out of their minds and had no taste buds whatsoever!

Then, I ran into a lady in the breakroom at work who was opening a big container of The Greek God tradional honey flavored. I asked her if it was good and I relayed my Yoplait story. She reassured me it was good and laughed and said you have to stick with the "good" brands like Chobani and Fage. She put some spoonfuls in a cup for me and let me try the yogurt. It was love at first bite! And I don't like anything plain or without the fruit flavors, but I actually liked the taste of it.

Then I ventured onto Chobani and man, of man, the Pineapple is the BEST ;-) It's so yummy, I almost feel like I am eating dessert. I also like the peach and the black cherry and the mango flavors.

I finally tried Fage sometime after that and liked it but wasn't as impressesd. Then somehow, I just fell in looooooove with the Fage with strawberries. So between that and my pineapple Chobani, I am a happy camper.

And I do buy the Greek Gods honey flavor in a big container for my protein smoothies and also love my Hamilton Beach on the go blender ;-) I have also tried adding a tsp or 2 of sugar free peach or strawberry preserves to the honey flavor one and it's yummy! Almonds are great too ;-)

Now that I'm hooked on Greek yogurt, I cannot go back! It's just not the same!!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check out their web site for more recipes:

http://www.fageusa.com/recipes/category/courses/dessert/
    Who knew - I should of suspected that Fage had a web site - I love their yogurt and will definitely check out the recipes on this site
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Another Greek Yogurt convert here. Chobani is my favorite too. The vanilla with freskh mixed berries and high fiber cereal is my morning staple, love it! Now, Icelandic yogurt (Skyr) is one that I just can't get used to, but the protein content is amazing.