something's gotta give

Options
Ive struggled with weight my whole life. Last year I was on the right track, lost 40 of the 100 I needed to lose. After a scarey medical issue, I became depressed and gained back 25 of the 40. I feel like until I can conquer this I will not be truly happy. It's like carrying around a weight(not just literally lol) on my shoulders. My weight is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I hope that here I can find the support I need to finally make this happen:)

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You can and you will! We are your my fitness pal family and we are here for you. Trust me we all have our ups and downs and our good and bad food and workout days. The support of this site is amazing reach out to us, avoid the naysayers, read the success stories, look at other peoples pics and diarys and get motivated- when you feel you are slipping remotive or put out a post or message board message asking for support you will get it my friend! We can do this! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start looking!! It really is a good step towards developing new lifestyle habits that translate into a thinner and more healthy you. For me, it was important to shed the diet mentality and to build a foundation of knowledge and experience that rewards me with better choices. Good luck!!
  • cls0824
    cls0824 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've found that this is one of the best, easiest and quickest resources to use to lose weight. I absolutely LOVE MFP and wouldn't be down 25 lbs without it.

You can do this, we all can do this. It can be a struggle sometimes but luckily we have our MFP friends to keep us going.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    yes! you can do it! I'm so glad I came on here. I have found that I always hit this wall when close to my goal weight and then I give up. Then I get further away from my goal. With mfp I have finally broken that wall! so far fingers crossed. feel free to add me!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    you are in the right place together we can all do this feel free to add me for support
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    If you use it daily, I think you will find what you need. It's very helpful, lots of people to do challenges with or just to be "friends" with for accountability, support, and ideas. :) Good luck to you! Add me if you like.
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    You can do it. We're all here for you! Just have to believe in the outcome!!!!
  • martosh
    martosh Posts: 5
    Options
    I know exactly what you're saying. A day doesn't go by, where at some point, I haven't thought about my weight and how I feel. Whether it's coming back up the stairs from the basement because it's harder to go up than down, to deciding what to eat ...I hate the fact that the thought is always there. I too, lost a good portion of the weight I needed to lose--70lbs!! about 2 years ago. I was widowed 7 years ago, decided 4 yrs ago to get back into dating, but knew I had to get in better shape and lose weight. After all, I'm in my 50's and unfortunately what you first see, is a first impression and who wants to date a fat 50 year old? So, I lost 70 lbs..met a wonderful man (we are still together!) and darn--he was a great cook--and the about 60 of the pounds came back on. He loves me despite the weight gain, but this tiny voice keeps telling me, I need to get healthier, lose the weight and look better! I hate meeting his acquaintances because I feel they judge me--and him--because I'm overweight. WOW--I actually said that out loud. SO--as I said--I know where you are coming from! Let's hang in there together and get the fat monkey off our back. I know I can do it--and YOU CAN TOO! Add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    You can definately do it! Everyone on here is so supportive - theres always a kind word from someone when you log your exercise, go under your calories, or write a post. Its brilliant!

Good luck on your journey!

Louise x
  • joyw37
    joyw37 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm actually excited this time!!