Doing it right this time.

Options
:smile: Hello, I started back in March but I stopped and started on and off since then. Well, I am back again this time I want to do it right. I am introducing myself this time. I'm Carolina and I want to lose 50 lbs to be at my ideal weight which is 135-140. I'm not sure exactly how much I weigh because I don't have a reliable scale ( I don't have one at all) But I've weighed myself here and there and I usually weigh around 190.

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You can do it this time! We are here for you. As for the scale, I have done better since my batteries died on mine to tell you the truth and trust me you will know. Let me give you an example I recently went shopping for interview clothes I was a Macy's and the sales girl said what are you a 10? 12? I was like "oh come off it, I am a 16 at least in a suit, you are just trying to flatter me." She laughed and said "OK let's compromise, I will get you a 14 and I bet it will be way to big." I said "Yeah don't I wish!" Well guess what! I was a 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's just say I spent most the day trying on clothes that day! So you will have tons of other ways to tell- IE> clothes falling off of you!! LOL Good luck! I am cheering for you. Friend me if you'd like!:flowerforyou:
  • Gojira74
    Gojira74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. It really does help to interact with other people who can share ideas and provide empathy!
  • CindiJ
    CindiJ Posts: 20
    Options
    Carolina, if you have a tape measure, measure your hips, waist, thighs, etc. Recheck after a month. The measurements will tell you more than the scale anyway. I strongly recommend including some consistent cardio, strength training and stretching into your journey. You will feel better, have more energy and more mobility. You don't have to be a gym rat to get the benefits either. At 57, I feel younger, stronger, more agile and healthier than I have since my teen years. Nothing "tastes" as good as being fit feels.
  • Rissa02
    Rissa02 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Carolina! Welcome Back! You can do it! Feel free to add me. We all need encouragement :)
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    @ KimbersNewlife -Thank you for the encouragement and Wow!! I am so happy for you! I haven't been shopping for clothes in ages! The last time tried on clothes was 2 years ago and I ended up not even wearing the pants because I gained weight after I bought them. I hate trying on clothes because nothing fits me right. I always leave the stores depressed. So I can understand why you were so excited, good for you! :flowerforyou: I think I definitely need support because I really want to do it this time!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    thanks everyone for the encouragement! Add me as well!