Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    2 calories. Or 30 calories. Pick.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    People can add whatever foods they want to the MFP database with whatever nutritional values they wish, whether they are correct or not.

That's why you need to double-check the entries you use against either the box or the USDA information for the food.

Personally, I enter all of the foods I use into My Foods and don't share them with the database. That way, I can be sure the info is correct.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    For fresh foods not in a labeled box, I Google "food nutrition" (in this case it would be "grape nutrition") and it usually has a nutrition chart on the right side of the search results page.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Ditto -- You need to weigh them. Just like all fruits and veggies, grapes vary tremendously in size, so of course they won't all have the same number of calories. The link @Queenmunchy posted will give you reliable information.
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    About 2 cal per grape. Even less if you peel them *cough'victoria beckham'cough*
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    Where do I check for accurate info

The USDA database.

Grapes, red or green (European type, such as Thompson seedless), raw

Get a food scale from any department store, WalMart, Target, etc., for less than $20 and weigh all your solid foods.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    I eat grapes as a snack at night while watching tv I thought they were 2 calories each so I get 32 and record them as 64 calories but I've seen them go as high as 127 calories I'm confused

Depends what kind of grape and how large they are. Different kinds also contain different amounts of natural sugar, because some varieties are sweeter than others. Your best bet is to weigh them and then use the appropriate entry.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use the usda value and weigh my grapes.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Grapes (at least what i've seen) vary wildly in size. I would go by weight, not number of grapes.

Exactly. I only buy the giant, super firm green ones. I don't like how small grapes taste. I prefer mine mutant sized. Unfortunately this also means I can easily eat 300+ calories of them in one sitting.