Women with back fat. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?!!

Options
I've always had it. Some women hold fat in their tummy and thighs. I have skinny thighs...and back fat. 38C. :sad:

I want to get rid of it.

Any exercies I can do?? Or even foods to stay away from? I'm sure carbs has to do with it.......

Carbs are my weakness. I love to cook italian food! :ohwell:

Replies

• ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Okay I have "skinnier" thighs. Not exactly skinny hehe :laugh:
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump. Need some tips also
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. When I started losing weight, I lost inches from my waistline, but most of it was from my lower/mid back... not from my belly (which really needs to go). Your body will decide where to lose. :(

Keep at it though. When your body runs out of fat in other places, it will have no choice but to lose from your back!
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cardio helps burn fat around the core. I suggest doing cardio 6-7 days a week for 45 min sessions and incorporate weight training 3 times a week during one of which you focus on back and chest exercises. Lat pull downs, seated rows, chest press on a stability ball, and chest flyes might help. 3 sets of 12-15 reps if you can.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    As said, you can't spot reduce. As you get closer to your goal weight, those "trouble" spots will lose the fat. I'm opposite of you, lost most of my weight from upper body (not the boobs, though, heh), and my thighs, butt, lower stomach are just now dropping the fat.

Keep up with cardio and incorporate strength training. As you tone those muscles, once the fat drops off, you'll have an awesome back!
  • Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Eat enough that you don't end up skinny-fat. Make sure you get plenty of protein. And exercise.

Last time I lost weight, I severely limited my calorie intake, and had no clue about the concept of exercise calories. I managed to get down to about the weight I am now, but I was miserable and progress was slow. I also still had those damn back fat rolls. And jiggly thighs. And a round tummy. I felt weak and miserable. I was so frustrated that I threw in the towel. I thought the only way to lose weight would be to eat even less, and knew that wasn't possible.

THIS TIME... I followed MFP's guidelines, exercised like a fiend, ate back most of my calories, and never felt deprived. I still enjoy all my favorite foods. The only real difference in my eating habits is that I don't mindlessly graze on snacks like I used to. I probably eat more food than I did before I lost weight, just better choices. (IE, a cup of blueberries rather than a handful of Butterfingers.)

I do a lot of cardio and some resistance training. And the back fat was gone more than ten pounds ago. In other words, my body looked better at about 145 this time around than it did when I was starving myself at 130-ish. And that's because the bulk of the weight I lost was from fat, because I fueled my body.
  • akarmiloff
    akarmiloff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same body type here! I also have these humongous (relatively) upper arms, that most of the time don't fit into a standard sleeve (sigh).
    But I have been able to shrink my back fat, by doing weight training that concentrated on the back and chest area (1-2 a week for about a month). It really did work, not as lumpy as before. Unfortunately the same strategy didn't work so much for my arms, they just got a little firmer, but still quite large. LOL.
    Any suggestions on the arm issue is welcome :)
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Eat enough that you don't end up skinny-fat. Make sure you get plenty of protein. And exercise.

Last time I lost weight, I severely limited my calorie intake, and had no clue about the concept of exercise calories. I managed to get down to about the weight I am now, but I was miserable and progress was slow. I also still had those damn back fat rolls. And jiggly thighs. And a round tummy. I felt weak and miserable. I was so frustrated that I threw in the towel. I thought the only way to lose weight would be to eat even less, and knew that wasn't possible.

THIS TIME... I followed MFP's guidelines, exercised like a fiend, ate back most of my calories, and never felt deprived. I still enjoy all my favorite foods. The only real difference in my eating habits is that I don't mindlessly graze on snacks like I used to. I probably eat more food than I did before I lost weight, just better choices. (IE, a cup of blueberries rather than a handful of Butterfingers.)

I do a lot of cardio and some resistance training. And the back fat was gone more than ten pounds ago. In other words, my body looked better at about 145 this time around than it did when I was starving myself at 130-ish. And that's because the bulk of the weight I lost was from fat, because I fueled my body.

Your posts are always so great! :)
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Your posts are always so great! :)

Agreed! :o)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that I lost my back fat at around 170 - 175 so I guess keep on trucking and it'll go!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My current problems areas are back fat and chubby thighs. But you can't spot reduce. Hopefully as you get to your goal it'll get better.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My fattest areas are arms and back fat ive been doing pushups and carido it has really been helping but i think im just gona have bra over hang till i get to a lower weight