Fitness DVDs advice needed!

Options
klkopa
klkopa Posts: 35 Member
I have four more days left of Jillian Michael' Ripped in 30, and I'm not sure what I want to start next. I have a lot of her dvds and was going to make my own mix and match schedule. Now I am looking into Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, or Insanity. The turbo videos look fun and like a good workout, but I'm worried about my coordination and being able to remember all the moves. Insanity looks good too though. They are a lot of money so I wanted some thoughts and recommendations, I'd love to hear what y'all think!

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a step down from Turbo Fire. It takes a bit to get the choreography down but you just need to remember to have fun and do your own thing if you can't keep up or you want to change it up.

I bought TF off Ebay for $62 shipped and I really enjoy it!
  • cbelli
    cbelli Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm just starting Turbo Fire and LOVE it so far. It has the new to class option so you can kind of get the hang of it prior to the actual workout portion. I borrowed Jam from a coworker while waiting for Fire to get here. That was a great idea because I got used to her commands and intensity. Fire will be an awesome workout for you. I'm not coordinated at all either (I have two left feet for sure), but what I keep remembering is that even if I miss a step or two, as long as I'm still moving I'm still burning calories. Then I catch on to her rhythm again and keep going. Let us know what you decide to get! Good luck on your research. Oh...and definitely don't get it off EBay. The scare stories I true. I learned the hard way. The DVDs will either freeze in the middle of the workout or the music doesn't work, or....there are many issues. Best to go through BeachBody. I wish I did now.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Personally, Turbo Jam drove me insane. I'm not really into the dance-type workouts with all the complicated moves. I've tried it several times over the years and finally gave up and sold my DVDs on ebay last week, lol. I just get frustrated with it, but if you're into that sort of workout, they're good. I did Insanity and LOVED it! It'll kick your butt from one end of the living room and back, but it's SO worth it in the end. I felt like I was in the best shape of my life by the end of that 9 weeks. That being said, it's kind of expensive, so it's not worth the money if you don't think you'll stick with it. Insanity is just as much a mental challenge as it is physical. You're not always going to want to put that DVD in and push play, but you've got to push through and do it anyway. If you do, you'll be glad you did!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire are both a lot of fun and good workouts! Turbo Fire is just a lot higher intensity... Don't worry about not getting all the moves down in the beginning, just keep moving and don't give up! :)
  • helloimangela
    Options
    Insanity. I have never worked out so hard in my life or sweat so much!!
  • NickAmrine
    NickAmrine Posts: 34
    Options
    just go to the gym and do the elliptical for an hour it burns about 700 calories
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    just go to the gym and do the elliptical for an hour it burns about 700 calories

That may be true, but you don't build up your muscles like you do with Insanity.
  • FitnSavvy
    FitnSavvy Posts: 1
    Options
    Look into Chalene Extreme...it's kind of a girly version of P90X. I love it!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Check out netfilx first!
  • klkopa
    klkopa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! I've decided to go with Turbo Fire because I think I'll be more pumped about it than insanity. If I need to try something different later then I will get insanity.